Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rescues Fostering tips :)

Our banana flavored meloxicam has arrived. It wasn't much more expensive than the normal meloxicam from the vet. Instead of running away, Wally sniffed it and tentatively took the syringe. I squirt it in his mouth and he went on his way. Much better than having to chase/pick him up.

I can try mixing what I have left with tomato juice or the fruit juice that I have. I'm just always worried that it is too sugary or has too much sodium.

I wonder what they mix it with. I had butterscotch flavored Albon once and my guinea pig loved it.

I know I mentioned this back in August. His behavior continues to evolve. I can't call him a biter anymore. I watched a video I made when I first got him to showcase his biting. I could touch him anywhere on his body and he would bite me. Now when I pet him in those same areas, he doesn't bite. He only bites on occasion now if a hand goes near him when he is in a hide. And even then it isn't nearly as 'aggressive' as when I first got him. He does still make a lot of noise and complain when held.

We're still having issues w/ the metacam flavor. This month we did strawberry as was recommended. He doesn't like it any better. I may just give up and buy the normal version from the vet instead of getting it compounded w/ a flavor.

I'm guessing the metacam is partly why he no longer chooses to bite my hand off, since he's no longer in pain.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.