Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Foster/Adoptive homes, as well as supplies needed in Florida

CavyCrazyLady

Cavy Slave
4 Lil Pigs n Buns Guinea Pig and Rabbit Rescue recently helped with a massive rescue involving a hoarding/breeding situation. Now, in addition to our bunnies and little critters, our number of pigs is now over 30!

Most of the pigs came from the hoarding situation, and some are special needs with head tilt or pregnant. We also received some from our local shelter, and a pair that were dumped in a cardboard box in someone's yard. It is going to be a long process with these little ones, as we quarantine and socialize before adoption.

We have already had one pregnant piggy give birth to three little ones! Foster/Adoptive homes, as well as supplies needed in Florida

If you are in the area, any help you can give would be much appreciated. Whether you can donate a bag of food, a bale of hay, or go the extra mile and foster or adopt the piggies that are ready to find homes. We have a wide variety of breeds at the moment, including a couple texels! So if you have been searching for a specific breed in rescue, we may be able to place you with the perfect new family member.

Donations can be dropped off in Port Richey, St. Pete, Brandon, Port Charlotte or Tampa. Monetary donations are also welcome and very much appreciated.

Thank you for reading!

Foster/Adoptive homes, as well as supplies needed in FloridaFoster/Adoptive homes, as well as supplies needed in FloridaFoster/Adoptive homes, as well as supplies needed in Florida

I live in port richey

id like to adopt :)

i currently have 3 that are a light brown[ like the left bottom picture] short hair [mom and 2 babies] and 1 male black[now grey] and white long hair[ well now short]

I'll adopt any needing a home but if you have an all black or all white that would be awesome

I neglected to mention that all foster homes will receive a cage, hidey houses, water bottles, food bowls and fleece if needed.

No pigs sent into foster care will be special needs (unless requested by a piggy savvy home), unweened babies or pregnant.

skater1776- I read in your thread that you plan on breeding your pigs. Please note that we want the best homes for our pigs, that includes not gambling with their lives by breeding. We are also a rescue, and as such, are working to reduce the overpopulation problem, not add to it.

If you are not longer breeding and will not breed again, please do fill out our adoption q&a: Welcome to 4 Lil Pigs n Buns, Inc! so we can get the screening process started.

The girl found in a cardboard box just gave birth! We are so grateful that the woman who found her took the time to find a rescue to place her in, so that she could have a safe and knowledgeable place to have her babies. There is one male (piggy on the left) and two females.
Foster/Adoptive homes, as well as supplies needed in Florida
We are still very much in need of pellets, hay and veggies! All food bills come out of our pockets (adoption fees go towards vet bills), so it is a great help whenever anything is donated.

If you can donate time or supplies, please do contact us. Also, we are currently taking adoption applications for the babies, and still need foster homes for the pigs that have already been quarantined and adoptive homes for those ready to go!

Wish I could adopt!! I don't have the space for a third pig though, and I'm nowhere near you. ADORABLE pigs though!!:)

@crazycavylady - I'm not sure if you realized this, but only one (Scar) of your guinea pigs for adoption shows up on a petfinder search, since you listed each pigs specific breed (abby, puruvian, teddy) instead of just "Guinea Pig."

It just makes them harder to find if someone is searching.

Thank you so much Catahoula. We have changed it so the 'secondary breed' is listed as 'guinea pig.' I didn't realize that it would narrow the search like that. Again, thank you!

Thank you so much Catahoula. We have changed it so the 'secondary breed' is listed as 'guinea pig.' I didn't realize that it would narrow the search like that. Again, thank you!

Glad I could help! I hope they all find happy homes.

Did a search just to double check...PERFECT!!! Now anyone can see them all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.