Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece colors!

aspecht

Cavy Slave
I have two boars, but LOVE pink! Their houses are pink. I want some black fleece with hot pink skulls on it for their cage, but feel like I'd be a bad parent for putting my boys on pink fleece lol. Would you go ahead and get it anyways, even though they are boys? Also, what colors have you found that are easiest to clean? I have a white and black piggy, and a two tone brown calico pig. I currently have a charcoal grey color and a brighter blue color. I also have a more serious question about fleece. Is there a difference between polar fleece and blizzard fleece? My local Joanns carries blizzard fleece, not polar fleece, and they couldn't tell me what the difference is!

I have boys and I love buying girly, colorful fleece!! They don't seem too mind ;) I normally do not do pink though.. pink is not my favorite color- but a little is fine.
I have both blizzard and anti-pill. I prefer anti-pill as it seems to wick better and will last longer.
Anti pill pretty much means that it will look nicer longer. It won't pill up with little fuzz balls as much. :)

I know what anti-pill fleece is, but I read somewhere that you had to use anti-pill or polar fleece? I can't find polar fleece, but found blizzard fleece. When I googled it it said that it is the same thing, but I want to make sure before I buy it

I believe polar and blizzard are the same. Not 100% though. Is there a reason you don't want anti-pill? It really does work much better.

I have two boys and I have a sheet of pink fleece with little green birds on it lol They don't seem to care.

My boys seem to enjoy the pink pigloos I have lol.

I prefer blizzard to anti-pill. Some of the blizzard fleece I bought from Joann only took one wash to start wicking. Some of the anti-pill took ten washes to prep.

I prefer blizzard to anti-pill. Some of the blizzard fleece I bought from Joann only took one wash to start wicking. Some of the anti-pill took ten washes to prep.

I bought some antipill on sale, and it took two washes and is working awesome. If I would've known I could buy blizzard fleece I would've bought some! They had an awesome pattern I fell in love with!

I believe polar and blizzard are the same. Not 100% though. Is there a reason you don't want anti-pill? It really does work much better.

Oh I didn't mean I didn't want anti-pill! LOL! Just asking. Like I said, I found a blizzard fleece pattern I loved, but didn't buy it because I didn't think I could use it!

Gotcha! ;) I really think it just depends on the fleece itself as far as how many washes it takes until it can wick properly. I've had both types take forever and then another pattern take 3 washes.

I like looking around for different people's patterns too. I like to see how it looks in cages if that makes sense? That way I know what it will look like in use rather than on the speel.

Just bought some anti-pill yesterday and on my third wash already. Tested after the second wash and it just puddled :( Hoping it starts wicking soon, I want to start making liners already!

as long as the fleece is 100% polyester. if its not 100% then don't buy it, I'm not sure what the difference is. as far as pink for a boy I don't really think they would mind it. laura from piggiepigpigs has all boy guinea pigs and she has fleece that has a pink background with cupcakes on it, its so cute. and hers don't seem to mind the pink at all they jus love the softness of it. maybe get some boyish but maybe has a little bit of pink on it, really its up to you. you can get more later like get some pink and buy another piece that looks boyish so both you and the piggies are happy. the only limit is your imagination.

I currently have charcoal gray and a brighter blue color. I have pics of my cage posted in several places. I'm still thinking I'm going to get pink lol. Thanks, glad it doesn't seem wrong for me to do it!

I have boys but they have fleece with dinosaurs on it and one with a bunch of colored triangles and stripes. I wouldn't know if they care for anything girly or not. I'm not very girly myself so I don't buy fleece with a lot of patterns that just scream "GIRLY". lol

I use blizzard fleece and it works just fine.

Sorry, but my experience is completely opposite of this. I made three sets of liners over a year ago--two anti-pill and one blizzard--and both the anti-pill are showing signs of wear, while the blizzard still looks new. None of my fleece has ever had any "little fuzz balls". You generally don't get this with good quality fleece. Because I have always used quality fleece from JoAnn's, I didn't realize that there is SUCH a difference with cheaper fleece. I was in a discount store recently and was fingering the fleece........what a difference! I said, "ugh" to myself and quickly moved on.

The anti-pill stays moist longer, whereas the blizzard dries almost instantly. The blizzard is more tightly woven which gives it a firmer and more even surface. What both my husband and I perceive is that the piggies don't tend to soil the blizzard.........they use the litter boxes. I suspect it is because the anti-pill is softer and they confuse it with the texture of a towel. We use towels for lap time and the kids know that it's permissible to pee and poop on the towels. I just did a complete cage change this afternoon with using the blizzard liner, and there is one single poop on the fleece in the entire cage.;)

I agree with getting a better quality fleece instead of a cheap, thin fleece. I have had better experiences with anti pill with it staying nice longer. Even after 30+ washed they look wonderful. I like that it is softer on their feet and it seems to stay dry for my piggies. My boys can't and will not be litter trained. lol They go where ever they please. A hay bin helps with the mess a bit- but never all of it. Lucky you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.