Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Costs Eye Removal?

catalineh06

Cavy Slave
I think my pig has a scratched eye, I am taking her to the vet on Monday but I am preparing for the worse does anyone know how much it is to remove an eye?

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
If it is just an injury, he should recover with meds provided you treat it asap. The vet shuold give you medicine like gentacin drops.

catalineh06

Cavy Slave
Update: I took her to the vet and she did have several lacerations on her eye. She gave me Gentacin drops and Baytrill to give her for the next week and then we go in for a check-up. Her eye looks a lot better today, but the Dr. is fairly certain she will no longer have sight and a removal could be necessary but we will find out in a few days.

TheCraftyFaerie

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your pig! Hopefully it won't be too painful. Did your vet give you an indication how expensive it would be to remove the eye?

catalineh06

Cavy Slave
No she didn't say anything about price and I completely forgot to ask, but hopefully I won't need to find out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.