Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives ever used this?

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
anybody ever use these instead of coro? do you think they would work?

(broken link removed)

I've never used them, but I think they would take much more time and effort to clean. You would have to take everything apart to clean all those little grooves.

This looks to me like the ones we had at where I use to work, they are made of a type of foam, I would worry about my guinea's trying to dig into them or eat them. since they are soft and squishy

i'd used them instead of coro - uhaul pads and liners would go on top, so pigs wouldn't have direct contact with them (i drap my liners over the sides). being soft and squishy might (?) be s nice feel for them.

I think they may wear down in spots used most.
How would you create the walls from them?

yea, not sure about the walls, but in terms of wearing down - these are pretty thick, and pigs are pretty light weight. i wouldn't think they could it down much.

i actually saw some of these at home depot this afternoon.

My little cousin used to have these things. They started to stink after a while because he'd spill stuff on it. Washing them with soap did not help much. Maybe it was just the brand his parents used!

thanks everyone! i was just curious. i was told they were "waterproof", but maybe not.

i'd used them instead of coro - uhaul pads and liners would go on top, so pigs wouldn't have direct contact with them (i drap my liners over the sides). being soft and squishy might (?) be s nice feel for them.

I have read else where that some people really enjoy using these and did mention them to be waterproof and antimicrobial . So probably as you said if you still do your layers on top it would work good. You could always create the set up on the floor and do it freestyle that way you don't need the walls. It all depends on what you like.:)

i actually did use these before i was able to get coro. They where easy to cut, i put a plastic shower curtain over them and then all my layers and it worked great, except i didn't attempt to make sides out of them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.