Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

eeks! what have i done?!?

critterlover

Cavy Slave
My poor little piggy...

I was severely sleep deprived yesterday and although I cleaned my pig's cage, I forgot to replace his hay! He was all night without hay, only a few pellets and some water and some super clean towels. My st*pid hubby didn't even notice. Now he's chowing down like there's no tomorrow.

Anyone else ever done this? I feel so bad...

yes I did it once

My pigs ran out of grass hay yesterday and the feed store hadn't gotten any in yet. I had to feed all my pigs alfalfa last night which I didn't want to do. They wolfed down the alfalfa in about 1/2 hour and I didn't want to give them too much so they had no hay until about an hour or so ago when I came home with a beautiful bale of bermuda grass. My pigs are very happily munching away right now.

its ok. Piggies will be ok for a while (maybe like a max of a day or 2) on just pellets and water. Thats why its good to have a chubby pig-just incase.

I've had to improvise often-giving lots of fresh grass when ive ran out of hay.

I've done that sometimes and I have felt so guilty. Sometimes I'm so tired that I forget to give hay - I refill the hay every night before bed. The next morning, when I do give it, it's gone within a flash!

I have forgotten that before too. Just a few weeks ago my aunt passed away (I didn't know her), and we decided it would be good for us to go to the funeral. Well it was over 3 hours away. I got up that morning at 5 am and got the piggies their fresh veggies for the day since I didn't know what time I would be home, but I forgot everything else. I am assuming that thye still had a little food, water, and hay left, but I don't know. I felt so bad. I got home that night at about 10pm and they were screaming like there was no tomorrow. They must have went through at least 3 handfuls of hay in 1/2 an hour.

awww dont feel bad critterlover! I'm sure your piggy will forgive you!:)

yes i have done it before, when i was gonna be late for school, gave my pigster pellets and water but no hay!
but when i got home i was sure to give them exra carrots and lettuce:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.