Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Easy To make grid + fleece Tunnel!!

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
What You will need:

• 1x Bent Grid.
  • Fleece.

Optional:
  • Zip
  • Button
  • Binder clip

It's a really easy way to give your piggy a nice tunnel to do their zoooomies though!
  1. Just cut fleece that is 2 girds long by 1 gird + 1 inch extra.
  2. Then fold it in half (in side out) and sew one end closed.
  3. Turn it the right side out.
  4. Put the bent grid inside of it, and you can just fold the fleece on the inside over the top on or use binder clips, or you could add a button on it, or you could attach a zip.

It's so easy and cheap!!
Easy To make grid + fleece Tunnel!!

Last edited:
lovely. you can also use those stretchy book covers to cover the grid - i found them at walmart for under $1 - a had to elbow my way around hundreds of back to school shoppers tho

I use a book cover too, and they love it! But very nice idea with the fleece!

But how the heck do you bend the grids?! I just can't seem to figure out how!

@animalhouse, you stand on the grid, and pull up. Once it gets to a certain point, you can bend it more into a V shape. If that's not clear, you could always PM me, Google it, or search on here.

some people have also WARMED them SLIGHTLY in their ovens to make them easier to bend - PLEASE be careful if you try this!

Yes, I "baked" my grids at 250F for 30mins. Then used oven mits to carefully and slowly bend them.

lovely. you can also use those stretchy book covers to cover the grid - i found them at walmart for under $1 - a had to elbow my way around hundreds of back to school shoppers tho

I don't think they sell book covers here in NZ as I've never seen them.
And hey this way the tunnel can match the fleece on the bottom of the cage! :)

I take a piece of pvc about 4-5", uses something to hold it in place, and preferable off the ground, i use concrete bricks, then just grab each side of your grid place it on the pvc pipe how you want to bend it and push down putting your weight behind it.

I have also used clamps to clamp the grid to a work bench, do not clamp to the kitchen table lol you will leave indents of the grid from where you clamped it in the wood. Then you can either push it down, or use a rubber mallet to beat it into shape

Ooo, I had no idea it would be... So "easy" lol! I will have to try that!

I have one tip to add with bending the grids. If you look closely or run your finder along the outside edge of the grid, you will notice a spot where there is a joint (where the 2 ends of the outside wire meets). Make sure your DO NOT bend that side. That's the weakest point and when bent, it is likely to break. Make sure that side of the grid stays straight. Once I figured this out, I didn't have anymore problems with snapping grids.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.