Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine Brown-ish Urine?

jamielk92

Cavy Slave
I just noticed a bunch of brown urine spray/spots on the white pvc pipe I have in their cage. I have read the 'normal urine' section on guinea pig lynx, I'm not sure if maybe it's just this "Very young guinea pigs often have an orange or brown tint to their urine." I don't know how old they are though.. Both of them gave birth about a month ago. Also, one of my pigs is in heat and is going around rumbling and my other pig keeps squirting pee at her. I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with the color being different?

They both seem completely fine as usual-eating, drinking, etc. And they're both running laps as I type this! Should I be worried about this? Is it normal, or serious, or maybe just has to do with a food I've been giving them?

If they are old enough to have given birth a month ago, they are not the "very young" that Guinea Lynx is talking about.

Are you weighing them weekly? Sometimes after the urine sits for awhile it turns a dark color.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.