Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

All About Us.

My name is Joe! I'm 21 years old, March 3rd is the birthday. [Male]
I got my first guinea pig when I was 12 and paid for him with all silver change, mostly dimes! lol Looking back, I feel terrible for Schnoozer. He was in a small store bought cage and I didn't learn about vitamin C until he was 3! My single mother has a difficult time paying bills sometimes-- our electricity got shut off one winter and my 2 hamsters, 3 fish tanks, and Schnoozer all passed away! It's an awful story and I hate thinking about it. =/

Anyways. I'm doing my level II fieldwork to college and get my associates degree to become an Occupational Therapy Assistant. I moved to Pittsburgh, PA three years ago to go to college and live with the bf. After I finish school, I would like to move to a different state. Maybe Colorado or Georgia? I'm not sure. I worked at Petco until last week when they let me go because of our conflicting schedules [pahaha, what a joke, btw].

I have one angry little dwarf hamser named Hamster. I told him the first time he ever bit me that if he went a week without biting me, I'd think of a proper name. I've had him for a year and a half and his name is still Hamster. Does that tell you anything? l.o.l.

I have 5 guinea pigs. Up until yesterday, I had 6 :weepy:. I'm still pretty upset over the loss of Alenko and will be making a post later in his memory.

Here's me! Not very impressive but it's the best I have.
View attachment 25107

I Like to play video games with the pigs on my lap/ shoulder. Bocefus is so used to it he just goes to sleep anymore.
--Bocefus and Waylon LOVE each other. They still do a little dominance dancing every so often and switch roles about once a week, but if I hold one, the other demands loving at the same time.

--Warden and November have been a little tricky. Warden started out being the head honcho. One day, November decided to stick up for himself and took over-- terrifying Warden into not leaving the litter box. After I took Alenko out of the mix, they've seemed to settle down a bit, but haven't made any final choices on who's the boss.

--Cara is still so tiny! All my other boys are just a little over a year and she is probably only around 3 months. Zoomies are her favorite thing to do around dinner and I have yet to hear any real squeaks.

Want to know anything? Just ask. I'm pretty chill most of the time.

So what video games? PC gamer or console or both?
Edit: Guess I should read more into the thread before asking questions lol

Last edited:
Haha lol I'd love to publish a piggy care book but I am too young... :( (Not to young to do the writing etc., just the business part. Besides, who would want to buy a book written by someone my age?)

I may be making a website on it though... :)

I'll have you know there are a lot of established published authors your age. You need your parent's support, of course, but it wouldn't be impossible to get into publishing. Why don't you try it and see what happens?

My name is Carrie and I'm 35. I'm a female engaged to a female. After 5 years...the pressure for the ring was mounting. No it's not legal...but it doesn't really matter until it's recognized federally anyway (come on tax break!) and my sources say, God doesn't care about legality. I run my own pet sitting/dog walking company in San Diego. I started it 11 years ago to put myself through college. I graduated in 2010 from SDSU (Go Aztecs!) with a bachelor's degree in Liberal Studies/Child Development...although my plan was to teach Special Ed, I love my business and can't imagine not being able to make my own schedule!

I have 3 dogs (+1 foster) and 2 piggies
Rukus, my Yellow Labrador is 15. He's been with me from the age of 8 weeks and we share the same heart.
Jenna, my Tri-colored Border Collie is 10 (acts 2) and I swear she might out live me! I rescued her at about 9 months old from an older couple who could not handle her energy.
Monkey, my Boxer is 5 and is like a mini boxer weighing in at less than 40 lbs :)
Ankles is our foster, he is 10 and bit my client's baby (they were well aware of his dislike of children before procreation). We took him in the day before they had scheduled to euthanize him. (We have hopes that he will move in with my single childless employee soon!)

Fat Albert (fatty) is an all black Texel (maybe Teddy mix). He is almost 6 months old and weighs in at 917 grams (think he's going to be a big piggy!)
Ziggy (ziggy pop or ziggy stardust) is a tri Peruvian (Abby mix). He is about 5 months old and weighs in at 835 grams

Jenna, Me, Rukus -
All About Us.

Monkey -
All About Us.

Ankles -
All About Us.

Fat Albert -
All About Us.

Ziggy -
All About Us.

Last edited:
@SeeSpotSit You have some very healthy looking, beautiful dogs! I can tell they are very well cared for!

I also love Ziggy's hair! Congrats on getting engaged! Many blessings for you two!

I'll have you know there are a lot of established published authors your age. You need your parent's support, of course, but it wouldn't be impossible to get into publishing. Why don't you try it and see what happens?
Exactly! Especially if you go the epub route on Amazon and Nook. Your parents would probably have to have the account in their name to make it legal, but you can upload your books to the account.

OOOH I wanna see pics when you are done. That's pretty awesome!
You will not believe how much of a hassle it was to upload this :p All About Us.All About Us.I still have to make the final temple band, horns, then paper mache, and paint. Lol ME3 RIP Marauder Shields!

It's made with a cardboard base (kudos Stormthecastle.com for template) Put some foil and paper mached.

SeeSpotSit. Great pictures of your crew! Love ziggys hair!

@wheekmau5 You're a pretty cool kiddo! I'm a fan of Skyrim myself. (what self-respecting gamer isn't?)

Congrats on the engagement! My piggies and I wish you both much joy and love in the years to come. Monkey is adorable; it's hard to believe he weighs less than 40 lbs.

Ziggy definitely has an Abby look in his eye .... "Feed me! Adore me! Now!"

Thanks for the congrats and blessings - we are 5 months away and the planning is very stressful...any idea how much time and money goes in to planning a wedding in your hometown (when it's a destination wedding paradise!)?

@Wildcavy - Ziggy definitely has an Abby'ness spunk to him :) Believe me, a <40lb Boxer is the perfect size for those spastic/wiggly creatures!

we are 5 months away and the planning is very stressful...any idea how much time and money goes in to planning a wedding in your hometown (when it's a destination wedding paradise!)?

My husband and I got two months into the planning and got so stressed we decided to elope. Expected pushback from family. Instead got a check and champagne from my father who was so relieved to not have to deal with it yet again (I am youngest daughter, one of six). He had actually offered to give me a ladder to climb down from the window, too, but I took the front door instead ....lol

Thanks for the congrats and blessings - we are 5 months away and the planning is very stressful...any idea how much time and money goes in to planning a wedding in your hometown (when it's a destination wedding paradise!)?

@Wildcavy - Ziggy definitely has an Abby'ness spunk to him :) Believe me, a <40lb Boxer is the perfect size for those spastic/wiggly creatures!
May I offer my congratulations as well? Love is love, and no matter what anyone else says or how anyone else may feel, you know your heart and follow your own path to God. Also a lovely crew you have there, the play more pic had me giggling!

You guys can call me Wolfie or Wolf which ever one you prefer!
I am in my 20s.
I live moreso Eastern, TX
No kids, but in a very committed relationship. We live together in our house with our fur-babies.
I am an "extreme gamer" , quite a fan of Blizzard. Games that I have enjoyed: Anything from Counter-Strike/Half-Life to Warcraft 3/Starcraft to World of Warcraft/Diablo and even Skyrim (although it makes me motion sick so I have to take breaks every now and then.) I play both PC and Consoles though I am more PC, but a console games I fairly enjoy is Harvest Moon, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Mario Party etc etc.

I train dogs currently will be applying to vet school in a few years, but do have a side business building and selling computers. From Gaming Pcs to regular Work computers.

I used to ride horses quite a bit; used to rehabilitate retired race horses and plan to go back to owning them and caring them soon as I find some good land here.

5 dogs (rescues )- Joe-18 Chihuahua, Angel 16ish terrier mix, Mitzy 7 mini schnauzer mix, Bubba 10 lab/pitt mix, and Sasha 4 chow/shepard mix.
here are a couple of pictures this one is Bubba.
All About Us.

Sasha
All About Us.

3 cats(rescues)- Kinsey 18 shorthair, Clipper 3 shorthair, Gizmo 3 Medium Hair
Couple of my kitties. Kinsey and Clipper
All About Us.All About Us.
Clipper ear is clipped to alert animal control, he is fixed. I did not decide to clip it. It was already clipped by Kittico.
6 piggies(1 pet store pig [when I was starting out in the piggy caring world and 5 rescues.): Cookies, Frosty, Sundae, Marmalade, Neapolitan, and Macaroon. Pictures are in order of pig which will be continued in the next post.

Finally LAST post Mac and Neo
All About Us.All About Us.
Ps. Congrats on the engagement Seespotsit =) Your babies are precious!

My name is Taban (yes, it is different! Lol). My name is an acronym standing for my grandparents names and my mother's name.
I am a student in college studying journalism. I am currently a hostess at a restaurant to get by.
I have a wonderful boyfriend who loves and supports what I do, which lately includes becoming the parents of two wonderful guinea pig girls!
I am very very close with my family, 1 nephew, 1 sister, 2 brothers, 2 English Bulldogs and my loving parents. :)

This is a picture of my boyfriend, Brandon, and I

My 1 and a half year old English Bulldog, Pringles :p

My other 6 year old English Bulldog Peaches kissing Santa Claus! :D (Aka her cousin/my sister's dachsund!)

Hi my name is Heather and Daniel is my partner in crime! Our brood consists of 2 human adult boys, 1 human grandaughter, 4 piggy boys, 2 (fostering) piggy girls, stray cats on the balcony, 1 racoon (that is eating the food put out for stray cats) and my 91 year old grandmother. I work with people that have a congitive disability and :love: my job! Our piggy boys have taken over the dinning room as you will see in the pictures and the piggy girls are housed upstairs in the spare bedroom. Daniel is the whole reason behind us having piggies because he is allergic to cats. I chose to become a vegitarian at the begining of the year and have not missed meat at all. Here is the link to some pictures of us, my children have requested that I never post their pictures on the internet so that is why you won't see them and the picture of Daniel is from Holloween.
(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.