Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet A few inquires...

Scarlettexeyes

Cavy Slave
Can a piggie eat itself to death?

Mine put so much lettuce and other things away I can't believe my eyes!

Also, my pigs seem to pick threw their oxbow timothy hay and discard more than they eat.. I've also tried the oxbow orchard grass, but they do the same thing, any suggestions on a particular type they actually eat?

Thanks!

Mine will stuff their faces too, especially Bubbles.

You can always find her hanging out around the food dishes or in it. Either that or if you caught her attention snooping on her... she'd be chasing after you wheeking & begging for more food (then the other gals will follow suit)!

I do have two young "growing" piggies though, so I think they are excused for being so passionate about food.

My gals waste a ton of hay, they will not eat those that is soiled or "older"... they love theirs fresh, so I give them a handful here & there daily.

I also use hay in their kitchen area so the old hay kinda becomes their litter (they step on). But you do have to be very diligent in up keeping their hay bedding/litter then as they do go moldy fast, therefore a change every 1-2 days is a must.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.