Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

2 free male guinea pigs needs a good home.

Princess1984

Cavy Slave
I have 2 male guinea pigs that I need a good home for. I am gonna be moving and I cant take them with me which I am upset about. They are friendly and loving boys.The one is brown and white and the other one is black, white and brown. I already have a cage, water bottles, hay, food bowls. They need lots of attention and vet care. If anybody interested in giving them a home please let me know asap. Thanks.

Jennifer

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I moved your thread to the adoptions forum.

Please go to (broken link removed) and put your listing there. It'll get a lot more exposure than it will buried in a thread here. Do ask a rehoming fee, as that will weed out the people who just want your pigs for snake food -- you can always waive it if they're really looking for pets.

Felinda

Cavy Slave
Sorry You Are To Far Away

4theLOVEofPigs

Cavy Slave
SAD to say I've seen people pay $20 or $30 for a animal to use for snake food.
A buddy of mine from before I got married I haven't seen him for years had a Boa who he'd pay $15-$20 for a full grown chicken that would feed his snake for almost a month.

And the odd GP $10-$15 full grown and it would last his snake about three weeks.

Your right the fee "HELPS" to rule out people looking for cheap snake food, but it doesn't get rid of them altogether. :eek:

I moved your thread to the adoptions forum.

Please go to (broken link removed) and put your listing there. It'll get a lot more exposure than it will buried in a thread here. Do ask a rehoming fee, as that will weed out the people who just want your pigs for snake food -- you can always waive it if they're really looking for pets.

knj240

Cavy Slave
I agree, when I had the male he did go to a good home FREE, But it was NOT listed in my ad and I got to know the family who took him before I let him go. I also payed no mind to the ones that were simply emailing me asking "HOW MUCH?"...

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I don't know why people keep big snakes like that. =/

4theLOVEofPigs

Cavy Slave
I myself like snakes, "BUT" they are a very special breed of pet.
That takes a lot of thought and research in before getting one as a pet.

I personally never had one but the buddy I mentioned use to take his out bass fishing with us and were we went had a lot of boats stolen if left unattended.
But his would stay on the drivers seat or front deck of the boat sunning himself while we were gone....
"FUNNY" thing is no one ever messed with his boat or truck for that matter...

I don't know how many times I rode across the lakes and rivers we fished with it hanging around my neck, But that isn't for everyone.
When I got married my wife said "NO SNAKES"...

I said not a problem I've never been allowed to have them so no biggie to me.

And besides that the kind of pets I've always kept I couldn't have one anyway....
I've always loved rodents so that's about all I've ever had....
If a snake is properly taken care of they are really "No Big Deal" but the problem is people don"t think then they get to be to much for them and they just turn them loose.
That's where they become the real Danger....

But I do agree that most people have "NO BUSINESS" keeping them.... ;)

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave

Because some people enjoy keeping them, I don't understand how that is a hard concept? That's just like how some people cannot fathom why we would get enjoyment out of keeping a rodent. I don't keep snakes, and while I love all rodents dearly, I know that snakes also have to eat. I support people feeding frozen mice/rats that were well kept. I hate to see ratties who are living in horrid conditions or bred just for food, I just want to save them all. I guess the reason I can relate is because I do one day want a crested gecko, and a lot of people on the gecko forum I am on keep snakes. It's not like they're bad people.

Secondly I have been told that there is nothing nutritious about a guinea pig for a snake. There are good snake owners, and then there are bad snake owners. People will feed things that aren't really good for their animals, just like how people give their dog's table scraps. That doesn't mean that you still don't need to check on someone's intensions. If I personally ever had to rehome my guinea pigs I would be doing a home check to make sure they had a cage, and all the supplies ready. If they didn't want me there or if I showed up and they had snakes I might get a little suspicious. It's always a good idea to charge a rehoming fee because there are those snake owners who think it's funny or cool, which it's not... but they have that mindset, so it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited:

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
When I was married, my husband had a boa. He had it from the time of birth until he grew to about 4 feet. He took very good care of it. I had told him, I would not watch anything fight for it's life so he fed frozen or stunned animals. I didn't like the mice or rats but "Billy Boa" did have to eat. When it was time to feed GP's or rabbits I said no. Plus he was getting way to big and I had small children. He found him a very good home. I am still not fond of snakes.

I have not rehomed any of pigs. Would NOT want any to go for food if I had too.
Having a fee, I think is always a good idea. Not always but sometimes, If a person has to pay for it they will treat it better. Becomes worth more.

kacie

Cavy Slave
I didn't even consider that someone would buy piggies for snake food! Oh how naive I am!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.