Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Craigslist guinea-pig

Kipsie

Cavy Slave
I know many rodents advertised on Craigslist end up as snake food.
I saw an ad saying that a son couldn't take care of the cavy any longer and that the pig needed to be rehomed.

I wanted to email the poster of the ad and tell him/her about the local cavy rescue and this website, but I don't want to sound pushy, and i'm SO not going to mention the snake food thing.
Here is my rough draft:

"Hi! I saw your ad for the guinea-pig and I immediatly remembered the ones i've had in the past.

I've owned guinea-pigs since around age 12. My guinea-pigs died at ages 6 and 7.
I know of a cavy (guinea-pig) rescue in southern florida that you could contact. They rely on donations are no-kill, and often take guinea-pigs that are in need of homes.

Their link is here:

(insert link)

If you are not certain that owning a guinea-pig will lessen your quality of life, or you do not have any luck with the cavy rescue, you can always ask here for advice:
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/forum.php "

Whaddya think?

Thanks. My laptop actually almost died and I was soooo eager so I sent it before anyone could reply.

It sounds really good. Doesn't sound pushy. More like someone who genuinely wants to help them rehome.

I would add in that the rescue screens new owners to reduce any chance of a bad placement... basically avoiding mentioning snake food while still touching on the possibility.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.