Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Guinea pig reincarnation

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I just wanted to share this...so I personally believe in reincarnation, even for animals. I wanted to show why this guinea pig from where I work (vet inside pet store) got me. The fact that he looks so similar to Little Bear (who was abandoned in a box with his brother in 2020) is compelling enough for me. When I first saw him at work, I thought he reminded me of Little Bear so much. Then he got sold/returned with his injury. He came back at a time when I would be able to take in another guinea pig, even tho I really didn't want more, since I knew Amigo's time to go was coming close.

Of course there are some differences - new guy has a black ear where Little Bear's was pink, and new guy has a distinct black patch on his butt. In some areas, his coloring is reverse of Little Bear's (LB was black on one side, and new guy is white on that side). I have no idea what his personality is like, so that's yet to come.

Top pics are new guy and the bottom ones are Little Bear. Since i just switched phones I had to pull pics from social media, so they aren't the best pics. The best face pic I had is from when LB had his eye surgery.
2 pipgs.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I can definitely see a resemblance. I personally am not sure about reincarnation, but I DO believe that our past animals come back to visit us. It just depends on how receptive we are to what's happening, or if they can make themselves unmistakably known like Sly did. If you haven't seen it, I posted this a year or so ago.

Your new guy is a pretty adorable little man. I really, really hope that he and Gungnir become the best of buddies. They really deserve it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.