Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other Your opinion is welcome

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Well, I'm thinking of taking my Cousin up in having her Degu. But, i don't know very much about them, and want to learn first. Does anyone have a Dugu who could give me some tips? Thank You! Oh, his name is Charlie, and he is really cute.:eek::love:lol

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
Degus do best in groups. There isn't a lot of English information out there but if you copy the link and put it into google translate, you can get the just of the information (though some words just don't translate). I looked into getting some a while back when a friend of mine was rehoming hers. We aren't on good terms because she wanted to get rid of an old degu so she could get more rabbits. Needless to say I told her to keep it and wait until it passed away from natural causes before she went out and got another rabbit. I also sent her all the information I printed out (wish I had kept the links so I could pass it on but I didn't :( ).

MissJean

Cavy Slave
If you have the flexibility (room, finances, willingness) to take it, sure. You need to read up regardless. It's important to know what you're getting into. If you live with your parents, they should also be aware of it's needs and if *they* are willing.

Mr.Waffles101

Cavy Slave
Degu Care

Not much info about them, but maybe just a little bit.

And yes, they do do best of groups of 2+

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Thanks. She will have Charlie for about 1 month more, before he comes to me or goes to a shelter. I think there is a Degu on CL that is alone, same sex, looking for a home with a friend, because his just died. I am pretty syked! Thanks for all the tips!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.