Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Your Guinea pigs favorite things

Elli91

Cavy Slave
I am considering getting guinea pigs when I can. But I like to go in knowing the best things for my pets, SO what are your piggies favorite treats, hides, toys and chews? I know they are individuals, but it would be nice to have a basic for guinea pig fun shopping list.

If any of this makes sense.

HeresTheSkinny

Cavy Slave
I'd like to know this, too! I'm going shopping tomorrow, and I'd love to know what tends to be popular.

baileyrianne

Cavy Slave

Elli91

Cavy Slave
Oh, so far thats not very different than my rats :) Thanks you guys, Keep the list going :D Always great to figure out what else our pets might like.

Jmoore77

Cavy Slave
My piggies favorite hidey is the magic muff sold at the guinea pig store.

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
The best thing to do is make your own toys. The pigs love them, and you feel good about it too!

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Mine love hammocks and chewys like toilet paper tubes with hay inside, and if you find a whiffle ball and put pellets in it they roll them around until the pellets drop out. Make sure they don't chew them though!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
My girls absolutely love tunnels. I have some that I've purchased, and I also make some with tented newspaper or little paper bags with the ends cut off. They love to do a "piggy train" through the tunnels. It's so cute to watch.

Sparklederp

Cavy Slave
Mine have a wicker tunnel that I bought from Petsmart. It's both their favorite hiding spot and their favorite toy. They chew it, run circles through it and around it, and sleep in it together.