Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast You want me to pay HOW MUCH?!

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So I called FedEx Kinkos for an estimate on a 4ft x 8ft sheet of coroplast.
They said $204.48 including tax. My facial expression on the other end of the phone O.O

At this rate I'm better off buying a premade one!!

Yeah, I got a quote like that once. It's the shipping that's so expensive, so if it's not an item they usually stock, the shipping charges get passed on to you. Try looking in your phone book for plastic suppliers or Mom and Pop sign companies.

Go to a sign store and ask them to roll it up and tape it and bring it home in your car.

Go to a sign store and ask them to roll it up and tape it and bring it home in your car.

Would that be before or after paying the $200? ;)

Would that be before or after paying the $200? ;)

Sure, if you want to spend the $200, go ahead. If not, don't go to Kinko's. Go to a sign store and ask them to roll it up and tape it and bring it home in your car. Kinko's isn't the only store to carry coroplast. Call around. I'll bet Kinko's isn't referring to the same coroplast used to make cages. It comes in different thicknesses to be used for different purposes.

Last edited:
Sign stores are your best bet. When I called a sign store in my area they referred me to where tey got their coroplast from and it just happened to be in town so I had a choice of 20 colors and a bunch of different thicknesses and it only cost me about $16. They will even score it for you so it'll fit in your car.

TYVM everyone
Iam looking into signs stores now. The Kinkos I found was through the coroplast source search on this site.
I've got a few local sign shops around me. So hopefully they'll be a bit cheaper. How much did you pay for your coroplast and what size?

Find a printer or sign shop, I get it a very low price or for free sometimes as I work for a graphic design/printing company and was also employed in the past Queensland State Elections in Australia, so get plenty of old signs for my piggies. :)
Maybe even ask for offprints, they'll usually give those away for free, I just use the unprinted side face up.

I paid $10 plus tax at Sign Store Outlet which is a chain. It's usually around $12 for a 48 x 96 sheet but they run specials at $10.

A 4x8 sheet in my area is between $12 and $17 depending on color. No sales tax. It's a plastics store and they'll cut and score it to any size for an extra $5.

Cost me $26 at a sign store right down the street from me. We drove there ourselves to pick it up. I got white, it's $36 for a colored one.

Noticed your location is Central Florida. I'm in Oviedo, just north of UCF. I called 5 sign shops close to me to get quotes. The cheapest was $14 for a 4' x 8' sheet. I don't think anyone told me over $26 though.

There was one sign store that wanted $50, but that was for a 5' x 10' sheet. You wouldn't need one that big unless you're making a HUGE cage.

Side note - Be sure to tell them you want a plain sheet with nothing printed on it. And also reassure them you aren't a competitor buying their supplies. Tell them it's for a guinea pig cage and chances are they've heard that request before.

Last edited:
Side note - Be sure to tell them you want a plain sheet with nothing printed on it. And also reassure them you aren't a competitor buying their supplies. Tell them it's for a guinea pig cage and chances are they've heard that request before.

Even if they haven't heard the request before, letting them know you aren't making your own signs and stealing their business might get you a lower price. I pay $15 for any color 4ft x 8ft sheet at a local sign store. I also showed them this site, and suggested they advertise just plain coroplast for cages as a side line.

I got a quote of $800 WITHOUT shipping,I sort of died at that moment!!! :O

Home Depot also has coroplast at reasonable prices

We got our huge sheet for $20 at Home Depot in the building supplies deptartment with the big sheets of plywood and such. Mabye its just a Canadian thing but you should try calling your local Home Depot. They call it Corrugated Plastic Sheet with the brand name Plaskolite
(broken link removed)

I got an 8ft x 4 ft sheet for $7. My dad does screen printing so he knows where to go and who to talk to.

if you're open to something besides coro, i have read of someone suggesting something different. if you go to any office supply store - staples, etc. - you can buy those plastic floor cover things that go under office chairs and cu them to size for your cage. they work just as well as coro, i've been told,

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.