Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Yay for snow!

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Finally a snow storm here in PA! School is closed for the second day tomorrow! :) Don't know if winter is showing where you live, but over here it is! The roads are pretty bad, very icy. Any snow where you live??

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Yep, we had a snow day today and a delayed opening tomorrow.

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
I'm in upstate New York and we too had classes cancelled today. We've got at least 2ft at my house, more other places I'm sure. It's still snowing, so hopefully we'll have another cancellation or delay tomorrow as well.

It's so weird. All the snow we've had this winter was an inch or less in January, and now overnight we have 2 feet! I feel bad for those near the Syracuse region; Oswego has literally 10 to 12 feet right now! It's crazy!

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Yeah this has been a weird winter. I remember we had that week in the beginning of January where the one day it was like 70 degrees. And now finally a lot of places are getting a whole lot of snow. I can't even imagine having over 10 feet of snow. That would be hard to shovel! ha ha. lol

FuzzButtLover

Cavy Slave
Yeah, in OH somewhere (not telling) we have had school cancelled yesterday and today. Now I am praying for a third day, but it is extremely unlikely since on Tuesday (day before yesterday) we almost had to go to school. Our school makes us go almost every time even if the conditions are pretty bad. Last week my bus broke down twice because it got ice underneath it or something. I was greatful for theses two days off though, but I still hope we have tomorrow off as well. I know I am probably pressing my luck. I am worried about having a snow day when there are people all over the world worrying about how they are going to survive everyday life, getting something to eat, shelter, and warmth.

PurplePoe

Cavy Slave
Yeah, you know it's pretty bad when a university with 40,000 students cancels two days in a row... I'm hoping for a third.

Poe

OSUCavies

Cavy Slave
Yeah, you know it's pretty bad when a university with 40,000 students cancels two days in a row... I'm hoping for a third.

Poe

Mine has been closed for two days, also. But they've already announced OSU's classes will continue on tomorrow! Ugh!
Back to the ol' grind. :(

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I am in AZ. No snow.