Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Treats Would these be considered a healthy treat?

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
Ok so I found these in the pet section of my local grocery store a while back and I read that the ingredients were 100% sun dried timothy hay. They are basically little pellets made from timothy hay so would this be an ok and somewhat healthy treat for my girls? here is the link for the product I am talking about:(broken link removed)

Are they just timothy pellets? That is all they look like to me. If your pigs are on a good pellet why would they have to have these? What kind of pellets are your pigs on?
Sorry for all the questions.

They're just very expensive pellets.

If you're looking for treats for your pigs, go to the grocery store and look at the fresh herbs. Mine adore dill and basil, and one of them goes wild over thyme. A few celery leaves are good, as are small chunks of melon rind. You can find quite a lot of stuff that's much better for them than boxed treats, and cheaper as well.

okay my pigs are currently on oxbow cavy cuisine pellets these are just timothy hay and nothing else were a the cavy cuisine as other things such as vitamins and minerals they need. I'm not replacing there regular pellets I was just looking at these as a fun crunchy treat for them

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.