Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Weight Won't Stay Still Long Enough To Be Weighed......

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
I just tried to weight the Piggies and they wouldn't stay still long enough for the scale to read correctly. It is very touch.

I had them in a box, then in a hidey flipped over.

Nothing worked.

What else can I do? A smaller box?

Some pigs are more or less active at different times of the day, maybe you can try again later and it will go better. Or, maybe they would sit still if they had veggies to chew on.

Some pigs are more or less active at different times of the day, maybe you can try again later and it will go better. Or, maybe they would sit still if they had veggies to chew on.

I did give them both Veggies, and because they were moving when I did that, it messed it up too. I just don't know.

I will try again later though after I get more tips and because you said at different times of the day

i don't know how your scale works, but try as big a bowl or box as possible, so they don't feel so squished. i then usually hold my hands over them and that keeps them still enough for a quick weight.

i don't know how your scale works, but try as big a bowl or box as possible, so they don't feel so squished. i then usually hold my hands over them and that keeps them still enough for a quick weight.

Thanks!

I am actually going to weigh them again tomorrow. They have just had their veggies and it is literally the first time Lil' Babe will let me pet her without giving her a treat. So tomorrow when I do lap time I will make sure I use a big box or bowl. Thanks!

:)

I have better luck with a smaller bowl. In fact, I use a bread loaf pan. It has high sides and is guinea pig shaped.

Try putting some hay or lettuce or something into the weighing dish first, and re-zero the scale to account for the added weight if that's an option. If not, just write down what the veggies weigh and subtract that from the final weight of pig + veggies.

I put mine in a palstic easter egg basket. Doesnt give them a ton of room to move around and if i hover my hand above them they sit there long enough to get a reading. Then i take them out real fast before they tip the bowl.

Thank you all for your great suggestions. Big Sis' weighed 890 grams and Lil' Babe is about 820.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.