Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Will It ever get the way I want.... ?

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Old set up [GuineaPigCages.com] Will It ever get the way I want.... ?
New Set up [GuineaPigCages.com] Will It ever get the way I want.... ?
[GuineaPigCages.com] Will It ever get the way I want.... ?[GuineaPigCages.com] Will It ever get the way I want.... ?[GuineaPigCages.com] Will It ever get the way I want.... ?

[GuineaPigCages.com] Will It ever get the way I want.... ?[GuineaPigCages.com] Will It ever get the way I want.... ?[GuineaPigCages.com] Will It ever get the way I want.... ?[GuineaPigCages.com] Will It ever get the way I want.... ?[GuineaPigCages.com] Will It ever get the way I want.... ?New Pillow I made the girls

I now only have to get a stand made to get it off the floor.

I think the cages will always change LOL I never seem to be content with it. Always changing it up, but my Gps seem to love it when there is a new change. I can't wait until I buy a house and have a free range area for them. I'm hoping to score a finished basement area or walout basement with lots of light...I just can't seem to ever be content with it. Lovely pillow!

Yea I know it will always change but really like the way it is now. I guess i have got to start making lots of things to change out so they dont get bored. lol

i love your new cage set-up - the colors are so bright and cheerful and it looks like there's lots of interesting places and things for your pigs. :D how many do you have and how old are they? that fluffy tunnel caught my eye. did you make it, or buy it? if you did make it - can you share how? and if you hang on, i'll think up about 20 more questions. . .:crazy:

That's something I like about Guinea Pigs. I'm ADD and get bored- FAST! So I forsee (don't have guinea pigs yet :( ) a lot of changes in my future, but I'll take pictures every time just so that I can show them off. :)

I have a dog who doesn't play with toys. The only thing I can buy for him is dog food and dog treats- BORing! :D

@jacqueline Dang! You ask a lot of questions! Are you part guinea pig? :p

@CritterLuvva - yes, ma'm -i have a driver's license and a mortgage, but i never grew out of the 2 year old "Why" "How come" stage -why do you ask??!! :D

I don't think I will ever be 100 percent happy with my cage set up only because I get tired of it easily and want a change. Lizzie and Marie have probably wondered why some of their weekly clean outs involved construction haha. Right now my set up is very simple I have a 2x5 cage and I have a space in the front where I took out 3 of the grids so that it's just coroplast except for the 2 front corners and then the rest has grids. As for in the cage I have piggy bedspreads for the main bedding ( currently a leopard print ) and in their little kitchen area I use paper towels with oxbow eco straw litter on top. I connected 2 grids on top of one end and put pooch pads ontop for a little cover over their cuddle cups. Since the cuddle cups I have aren't absorbant I put a piggy lap pad in each one for an absorbant layer. @boofp I love your little bunkbed what did you use for that?

@CritterLuvva - yes, ma'm -i have a driver's license and a mortgage, but i never grew out of the 2 year old "Why" "How come" stage -why do you ask??!! :D

ROFL. No worries. You just make me laugh! LOL.

@cavyluvr I can just hear my husband groaning, "Can you make up your mind already?" LOL. He'll hate it when he realizes that C&C cages can be changed over and over and over and over and over and....

I think I've pretty much pegged out that, for now, as soon as I can get a set of 6 cubes, I'll get them and pay for expansions later. Right now, I'm just trying to get set up for guinea pigs. As much as I would love to build a mansion, I think people have built up to that. 6 cubes cost $22; there's other things I'll need to get so I'll just have to be happy with that for now. At least I got 9 free cubes from elsewhere- maybe I'll still be able to make a (simple) second level. :)

boofp seems to have used the alternate version cubes. When I went to WalMart looking for the cubes (only sold online), that's what the guy showed me. It was made up of plastic though. Don't you worry they'll chew through that? :/

i love your new cage set-up - the colors are so bright and cheerful and it looks like there's lots of interesting places and things for your pigs. :D how many do you have and how old are they? that fluffy tunnel caught my eye. did you make it, or buy it? if you did make it - can you share how? and if you hang on, i'll think up about 20 more questions. . .:crazy:

Question # 1 ) I have two girls, Gidget and Gemini.
Question # 2 )Gidget is about 6 Months and Gemini is 3 months.
Question # 3) Fluffy Tunnel I made out of 2 old fleece PJ Tops and one pair of bottoms I didn't like anymore. I took the arm hole of a top cut it straight at shoulder and Placed a Piece of Field line( I used it for tunnels at one time bought at lowes) sewed the fabric around it to keep ends open. Next I cut the bottom part of pj pants (stars) and Hand sewed the fabrics together.

@boofp I love your little bunkbed what did you use for that?

I used some grids that my walmart was selling instead of the wire ones. I Took two of the grids bent them into L shapes and zip tied them together. The bunk bed(cabana bed) Tree house(its been called many things) is sitting/zip tied on the coroplast sides of the kitchen area and zip-tied to wire cubes. They are made of plastic and They have nibbled but never ate them. Guess they don't taste good. My girls aren't big chewers

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.