Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels Will a piggie appreciate a tall cage with multiple levels?

FlyAwayZephy

Cavy Slave
So right now my baby piggie Zephy has the minimum size cube cage, but I don't have any room to expand it outwards. Will a piggie use/be safe with a cage with 3 or even 4 levels, as long as it is built sturdily? I might enlist my dad or fiance for help. :p

I would think so if you cant expand outward anymore but just to let ya know levels dont count in square footage, what is minimum cube cage?

Building piggie-safe ramps also takes away from base level cage space,too. People usually build ramps if they have over the required amount of space for their pigs.

Sometimes you can find ways to make more room for the cage. Putting them on a table and storing things underneath, or making the cage into an "L" shape.

There's lots of ideas for second level cages in the cage section. The ramps need to be not too steep, and the pig needs to be able not to accidentally fall off it or the 2nd level.

It's the 2x3 grids cage. :)

I rearranged my apartment so I could just make a bigger cage.. now it's 2x4. Not a HUGE expansion, but she seems happy with it. Popcorning everywhere, cute baby piggie. ❤️

awww they do have fun when you put new things in or re arrange its like new place to explore. Also you could had a loft to use as a loft give them more running room on the bottom. would love to see your cage. and piggie.

awww they do have fun when you put new things in or re arrange its like new place to explore. Also you could had a loft to use as a loft give them more running room on the bottom. would love to see your cage. and piggie.

I'll get pics asap! I've only had her a week so she's still a little unsure of things, so right now all I ever get is pics of her in her house! But once she's more comfy staying out while I'm around I'll be sure to share some pics of my cute girl. :)

I'll get pics asap! I've only had her a week so she's still a little unsure of things, so right now all I ever get is pics of her in her house! But once she's more comfy staying out while I'm around I'll be sure to share some pics of my cute girl. :)

lol I re read what I said. I meant to say you could add a loft for the kitchen to give her more running room on bottom. I will be awaiting pictures lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.