Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Why Would You Give Away a Pet Because You Want a New One?

Rayvn

Cavy Slave
I found this ad on craigslist:
(broken link removed)It said that the poster would like to sell the rabbit or trade it for another male rabbit. If you're already giving away one of your animals, why would you have room for a new one :confused:? It doesn't make any sense.

Just another reason why some people should not be pet owners...They get too "bored" with one and switch to another, just to get bored of that one.. Sad :(

Yeah, people really should understand that when you get an animal, it is your responsibility to care for it for it's whole life. Of course, there are unexpected turnes that make it impossible for the pet to be kept (losing your job, allergies etc.), but getting rid of a pet because you want a different one is just sad.

Maybe they don't consider the rabbit a pet. As sad as it is not everyone does. They are livestock to some people maybe this is their breeding male and they need new blood in their breeding. At least they are rehomeing it and not killing it so there is a plus side.

Well, first of all, I don't think any of us should sit in judgment. Especially when the ad is so brief that you can't possibly know the circumstances surrounding the situation, nor put yourself in the poster's shoes.

There could be any number of issues such as neutering or not, personality disorders, presence or absence of other rabbits, etc., etc. Lighten up, folks! As CLV71 said, at least they are seeking to rehome the bunny.
Yes, I suppose you're right. I shouldn't judge people without more information.

Well, first of all, I don't think any of us should sit in judgment. Especially when the ad is so brief that you can't possibly know the circumstances surrounding the situation, nor put yourself in the poster's shoes.

There could be any number of issues such as neutering or not, personality disorders, presence or absence of other rabbits, etc., etc. Lighten up, folks! As CLV71 said, at least they are seeking to rehome the bunny.

Exactly! What if it just couldn't get along with other bunnies, or possible children in the home!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.