Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Why would you even consider this.??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundaexoxo

Cavy Slave
So today I stumbled upon this cage............
specs01.jpg

They considered this a a"C&C" cage. The lady that was blogging this said that it was the solution to her problems. If you look you see a guinea pig on the top level... And the bottom tube doesn't even lead anywhere:sick: Why would you even put you pig in that situation?! I emailed her telling her that.. that.. thing was defiantly not a C&C.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
That is disgusting.
Where does the pig run? Those tubes are for ​hamsters, not guinea pigs. I feel sorry for that poor little pig, he doesn't even have a friend.
Could you link me to the blog?

Rybo5000

Cavy Slave
So two tiny cages connected by a tube the guinea pig probably can't even climb through?

Wow that's a great idea!

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
Just thought I should add... I skimmed through the blog post and it says that cage was the pig's old cage. The next page of the entry shows how they built their actual C&C cage. I agree, though, that the former cage is an awful setup for guinea pigs.

Last edited:

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
That is disgusting!
Everything she has written is just wrong! Does she know anything about guinea pigs?
She's calling it a C&C cage! It's just a pet store cage!

Last edited:

PaisleysPiggies

Cavy Slave
clean01.jpg
I looked through her post, and this is her new cage for 3 guinea pigs.

Megaredize

Cavy Slave
at first i was like wow that is a fine hamster cage.... oh wait why is there a guinea pig in that cage! what is wrong with people, guinea pigs can turn around in that tube its gonna get stuck. :mad:

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
She's calling it a C&C cage! It's just a pet store cage!
She's not calling that cage a C&C. If you read further in the entry it tells about the C&C cage that she actually built.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
She's not calling that cage a C&C. If you read further in the entry it tells about the C&C cage that she actually built.
Yes.. I understand that, I hadn't read the the blog yet when I posted that, I was using from what Sunade said about her calling it a C&C cage.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I really don't understand the point of posts like this here. It's CLEARLY stated that the cage pictured in the first post was her old cage and she links to Cavy Cages over and over again, stating that she found a solution that works and is highly preferable. She's exactly the owner that we try to reach - someone who is doing something terribly wrong and finds a better way, thanks to the help of Teresa's site and this forum. Harassing her for her OLD cage and posting links here to her site as though she's using it as her current setup, and encouraging folks to spam and harass her (intentionally or not) is ridiculous and childish. I guess you can go on being outraged but I really don't see the point and would suggest spending your time on something that's a little more productive.

Megaredize

Cavy Slave
oh her new cage is awesome. maybe she just didnt know any better at first like a lot of people. i know my first ever piggie was in a small store bought cage and she was all by herself and we didnt have hay for her either i think. but that was around 19 years ago.

Sundaexoxo

Cavy Slave
:sad:I'm sorry I thought the page that said pet stories said pet stores... (im such a good reader!) and I was just trying to bring up the topic that this was a horrible way to keep a piggy even though it might have been a long time ago.. Sorry for feeling like the old cage was a bad cage.

Sundaexoxo

Cavy Slave
And I just apologized to her over email for not reading her entire website and not realising that this was a long time ago. And I haven't been harassing her I just feel strongly about this old cage. Sorry if my post was ridiculous and childish and very horribly unproductive(sincere apology not just sarcasm:))

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
clean01.jpg
I looked through her post, and this is her new cage for 3 guinea pigs.

Totally unrelated but is that Carefresh in there? If it is, I wonder how much she spends on that a month geez...

Jesseehopper

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I really don't understand the point of posts like this here. It's CLEARLY stated that the cage pictured in the first post was her old cage and she links to Cavy Cagesover and over again, stating that she found a solution that works and is highly preferable. She's exactly the owner that we try to reach - someone who is doing something terribly wrong and finds a better way, thanks to the help of Teresa's site and this forum. Harassing her for her OLD cage and posting links here to her site as though she's using it as her current setup, and encouraging folks to spam and harass her (intentionally or not) is ridiculous and childish. I guess you can go on being outraged but I really don't see the point and would suggest spending your time on something that's a little more productive.

tottally agree, and i think that if that was for a hamster or is it leds to 2 big c&c cages it would actually be pretty cool

Ghost_Peanut

Cavy Slave
I would consider this. If I had a hamster.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I thought that WAS a hamster cage... O.O

MissJean

Cavy Slave
Wow, her new cage is fantastic! That must take a hefty amount of Carefresh to fill the base level. I wonder if she's considered fleece. I bought a small bag of Carefresh just for my pig's new kitchen areas, and I'm not too keen on the cost. :p One regular sized bag of Carefresh would only fill 4 small kitchen areas. (about a 1x2 grid size). I can't imagine filling such a large cage with the stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.