Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior why is my Guinea pig suddenly calm

an1lka

Cavy Gazer
Hello! I’ve had my Guinea pig for 3 years (he is 4 though.) and during these past months he’s been a lot more calmer and rather than aggressive (ever since I’ve had him he’s been an aggressive piggy not letting me touch near his chin and stomach without him turning around and biting) he was aggressive even though he showed signs of love but all of a sudden he’s calmer and more laid back, is there a reason to this?

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The only thing I can think of is age.

It could also be that he's gotten much more used to you and is more comfortable in his environment.

A demeanor change CAN indicate a health problem, but if his weight is holding steady and he's eating, drinking, peeing and pooping just fine I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Are you weighing him on a regular basis? This is oftentimes the easiest and most evident way to know if he's having a problem.

an1lka

Cavy Gazer
The only thing I can think of is age.

It could also be that he's gotten much more used to you and is more comfortable in his environment.

A demeanor change CAN indicate a health problem, but if his weight is holding steady and he's eating, drinking, peeing and pooping just fine I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Are you weighing him on a regular basis? This is oftentimes the easiest and most evident way to know if he's having a problem.
yes I am! He was 2.8 at the vet last month for his check up and he still is, I don’t think there’s a problem since his vet said his breathing and heart was fine, I might just assume his times coming up 🙁

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Absolutely not. If he's healthy, 4 is still plenty young enough. I would chalk it up more to him having gotten used to you, and he's more comfortable with you and happy in his environment.

an1lka

Cavy Gazer
Absolutely not. If he's healthy, 4 is still plenty young enough. I would chalk it up more to him having gotten used to you, and he's more comfortable with you and happy in his environment.
i hope that’s it, thank you for the reassurance! Have a wonderful week 😊

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
i hope that’s it, thank you for the reassurance! Have a wonderful week 😊
You are more than welcome. Have a great week yourself!

By the way, if you ever have questions don't hesitate to ask!