Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Why is Cash doing this? What's he trying to tell me?

cherokee

Cavy Slave
Lately, my guinea pig cash does this weird but super adorable thing!

In floor time I set huts, ramps, bridges, and tons of toys. The play area is big enough that I sit in there with him.. But what he does is he will run around very
Very quickly over and in his items then run up to my lap lick or nip at me squeal. Then proceed to do it again. He will do this for about ten minutes! Or if I leave
The room he makes sounds like a bird!

So do I make him mad, distressed? I don't think I do..he loves to cuddle with me. But he
Seems extremely attached sometimes!

He's doing Nascar zoomies -- nearly all of them do it. And he sounds like he's fine -- just maybe lonely when you leave him.

He's probably calling you back for more because he was having such a great time. Sounds really cute!

Its called chirping and they make that when they are calling for someone. Sounds like he is having a great floor time with you and wants you to come back.

It may not be chirping. Most chirpers don't do it unless it's really quiet and still. If you search for "chirping" in the search box above, I just recently posted a link for what chirping sounds like.l

I just call that their "conversation mode." Sometimes it sounds like little worried clucks, sometimes like "this is ok," and sometimes I just think they're talking to each other. They do it while they're in their cage, also.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.