Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Why do my Guinea Pigs like my hair?

Nadialuvspigs

Cavy Slave
I had my guinea pig's out for lap time today and Wilma (My pig) decided to climb on my shoulder and tangle herself into my hair! I eventually got her out and put her in her cage but when i brung Pebbles (my other guinea) out, she decided to tangle herself into my hair too! Why do my guinea pig's like my hair?

My guinea pig does the same thing! That is why I mostly wear my hair up when I hold him! They love hair because to them it seems like something to burrow in! They love to hide where ever they can! Just like my guinea pig loves to hide in my hoodie! Its normal :)

Okay lol i was wondering why they do that! Thanks!

My guinea pig eats my hair..

My guinea pig eats my hair..
Haha, no matter what I seem to do, my guinea pigs try to give me a hair cut every lap time. o_O I just look down and they're sitting there munching on it like hay. xD

I have read you shouldn't let them eat your hair because they could get sick, and, of course, it is painful for you! Haha.

:)

I have read you shouldn't let them eat your hair because they could get sick, and, of course, it is painful for you! Haha.

:)
Oh of course I'm not intentionally letting them. :) It just happens when I forget to put my hair up before lap time. If it happens, I always quickly stop it, as I know it's not good for them. Sorry if it sounded like I do let them eat my hair. If I did I'd be bald by now. xD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.