Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Photos Who's the biggest piggy?

Fuzzwang

Cavy Slave
I adore the big pigs! Years ago when I had my lot I had a huge boar called Harvey. Memory does funny things but I feel he was bigger than most piggies I see around. Maybe I was just smaller! Anyway I've been browsing through the gorgeous pictures on the forums and it got me thinking. Do certain breeds seem to measure up larger? I've heard mention that Rex GPs tend to be heavier and most pet shop pigs are naturally a bit feeble. Who thinks they have the biggest piggy on here? I'd love to see some photos of proper chunks (and chunkesses!)

If you check out the string about Pip Squeak is on a diet and he doesn't like it, you'll read about how my Pip Squeak is a big pig. He's one of the biggest I've had (his mom was fairly big too - never met his dad). Vet suggested a diet, but I've been reading that he's probably just a larger pig which can be very normal. Photos are available in the photo section.

Ben is my biggest he's 2.5 lbs. Everyone keeps telling me how huge he is. He seems average to me. I know he is not over weight, this is just his size. Now Eddy Pig is 2.25 lbs and he might be getting a bit on the pudgy side. I don't know why he would he gets all the lap time/floor time he could ever need plus a huge cage!

We always call Pip Squeak "the big pig". He has had some health issues (surgery on his neck for a growth, meds for his eye, and meds for possible mites when we got Sunshine, and allergies to the wood shavings we use to use - now use only paper). But he's always maintained his weight and been a BIG pig. Haven't picked up a set of scales to weigh him yet - shopping in my area requires travel - very rural out in the country (has it's good qualities and down falls). Even as a big pig he's my little guy - always been a special boy.
When he was born we brought him to the pet store after weened to check sex. When we found out he was a boy we sold him to the pet store (we had mom and didn't want a second cage). That night I felt terrible and my husband went back the next morning - bought him back from the pet store and brought him home with a new cage set up. This was before I knew about C & C cages. Now we have 5 piggies! (Lost Ester, Pip Squeaks Mom so I got Sunshine for Pip Squeak - she was pregnant but I didn't know it at the time). Old cages are in the basement and we have a two story Piggie Play Palace. Pip Squeak, Moo & Pebble are the boys. Sunshine and Sparkle are the girls (Sunshine is only half the size of Pip Squeak).
Once I get started its hard to stop! Piggies are like my children.

Haven't weighed my guys yet, gotta pick up a scale, but my Charlie out weighs George... though he's not exceedingly big.. my Curley was a big boy, a big handful too!

I do love the chunks! I saw a gorgeous piggy in a rehoming centre today and was soooo tempted to kidnap him. He was a real stocky man although probably bulked out by some serious hair-do Abyssinian style! My phone takes rubbish pictures so you'll just have to imagine him.

My piggie Winston is 1300 grams, or nearly 3 pounds. He's the black one. Big piggies are the best; they are so pleasant to hold!

Who's the biggest piggy?

Last edited:
Flash was my biggest at 3.3 lbs

Roger is my biggest piggy weighing in at 3lbs 1oz. Huey is in 2nd place at 2lbs. 11oz. then newbie Sheldon is 2lbs 6oz(but he's been neglected and just arrived today). The vet said they will grow a little more because they are still under 1 year of age(Huey and Roger). She said they aren't overweight for their frames.

Wow, big pigs! :) I didn't realize they grew up to a year of age. I never thought about it I suppose, but my boys are both under a year as well. So I suppose they'll be good size boys too.

My Rigatoni fluctuates between 3 lbs 2 oz and 3 lbs 3 oz.

I'm really curious now - need to weigh my Pip Squeak. I know he's a big boy, just don't know weight, but everyone has me curious to know HOW BIG. lol

Have any of you seen this video? I thought it was appropriate for this thread. [video=youtube;xttaBfmxxGU] That is one HUGE piggy :eye-poppi. Though if I were the owner, I wouldn't be letting my dog do that to the poor piggy :guilty:.

Last edited:
I'm surprised about how gentle that dog is being, and how well the guinea pig is taking it. lol
I hope everything turned out well with that...

That is an amazingly big pig. He apparently likes the dog or he'd run off, I would think. He makes my Pip Squeak seem tiny. Thanks for sharing the video.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.