Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How Much? Whoop whoop sounds? Am I not feeding enough?

rubypig

Cavy Slave
Hi guys after getting nutritional advice and adding to my piggies diet I am now confused on if I'm feeding them enough! Ok so they get a cup at least of fresh veg every day, they have unlimited hay and pellets but one of my girls does the whoop whoops at me when she's due her meals, I thought she learned when she's due breakfast ir dinner but I am wondering if she isn't getting enough? I decide they're cup each into half morning and half evening. Is this enough? Much of the food is leafy too so I'm wondering if the leafy things create fake volume so it's may not really be a full cup? Is this enough? Or should it be. A full cup solid? Advice please, by the way io have been weighing both of them as I think the previous owner of my 1 yr old under fed her and I know for a fact she had no hay but they are steadily putting on weight every day, I find that every 3 days the put on at least 15 grams.

Umm, you've got a guinea pig there. You must have misunderstood -- she's not the one who learns not to wheek, you're the one who has to learn to bring the food when she demands it! :D

I tend to do a full cup of solids and then some extra lettuce.

She will week anyway, even if you're feeding her 24/7. That's pigs for you! :D

I usually fill a cup with the bulky stuff and then give them their lettuce and herbs extra :)

She will week anyway, even if you're feeding her 24/7. That's pigs for you! :D
Yup! My pigs start a wheekfest whenever they hear the slightest noise. lol

They're very sweet! And yes we are slaves to the piggies! Learning this very fast! What herbs do you feed? One of mine loves fresh mint but the other hates it! How do you make up the 'bulk' cup without giving too much of one food that's not good to give too much off? Yep she's wheeking and she has a full food bowl! Very funny really, but probably more so for them to see me running in panick that something much be wrong!!!

I put what they should have in there, and then don't worry about who eats what. Unless you're going to individually hand feed them, which would take a while, there's not much else you can do. I just try not to over-feed the things that aren't good for them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.