Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

White spots.

PrayerWarrior

Cavy Slave
Some of you may remember my piggies had to be in the basement for a few days, and while they were down there, they had to be in floortime. Which is a setup of a tarp, a comforter, and zip tied grids. After cleaning it all up, my mom tried to wash off the spots, but they stayed there.

Is THIS MANY normal? Keep in mind this is all four pigs.

(Sorry for the blur.)
img1655hf0.jpg

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
Do any of the spots feel gritty? I wouldn't worry about it if they don't feel gritty. If they're gritty feeling that means there's sludge and a diet change is in order. Otherwise, I'd say yes, normal. I have three pigs and sometimes I have white spots all over the place. The excess calcium has to come out some where! :p

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
It looks within the realm of "normal" based on my coroplast scrubdowns and after floor-time cleanup.

PrayerWarrior

Cavy Slave
Oh goodness thank you. I was so worried when I saw that many.

No, they don't feel gritty. Because the comforter is very colorful and busy, I didn't notice any white spots on top, but in the cage I sometimes do. Those aren't gritty, either.

I just thought it was an excessive amount, since in the sticky it says "occasional white spots" are to be expected, but they pretty much pee white. My vet said to not give them as much pellets, because the hay and veggies are fine.

Wow, I'm so relieved. Thanks again!