Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems white spot? help!

prettypi94

Cavy Slave
I just noticed a dry white spot by Pumpkins ear. Near his eye. There is a LITTLE hair on/in the middle of it. And their is hair around it. It looks dry and kind of like a pile of chock dust? But it feels like a scab? It doesn't seem to bother him I don't think. What is it? What do I do to get it to go away? Is it life thetening? white spot? help!

The picture isn't very clear. Could it be ringworm?

Sorry about the picture and I don't think so its not red or pink.

Actually, one of my family members has ringworm on the scalp. It isn't red or anything. Doc said that if not properly cared for, he could go bald, so unless someone else has a better diagnosis I would take him to the vet. It's okay about the pigture. I have had hard times getting pigtures of mine even when nothing is wrong, so I understand completely.

It's not likely to be life threatening, so don't worry about that.

Do you know how long he's had it? Does he scratch at it?

And is it possible to get a better picture with more light? I know it's hard to do with dark pigs, but maybe you could put him under a bright lamp or use a flashlight if your camera doesn't have flash. We really can't tell anything from that picture.

Yes I will try and I don't know how long he has had it and I haven't ever seen him scratch ar it.

Does he have a cage mate who could have scratched or bitten him?

No he is the only one

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.