Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems White flaky bits on Tobi's ear and feet??

littlemisspiggy

Cavy Slave
White flaky bits on Tobi's ear and feet??Hi guys,
I was cuddling my piggy Tobi today and i noticed a bit of a flaky white thingy on her ear. I checked her over and the flaky things are also on her two front feet as well. I think it might be some kind of fugal infection?? i Was wondering if anybody knew what it is?? Ive looked on the guinealynx
someWhite flaky bits on Tobi's ear and feet?? other websites and they recommend lots of things like malaseb baths and revolution, ivamectin and betadine. If anybody has experienced this before what do think the best kind of treatment is??
I think i uploaded two pictures of it. The one one her ear is a bit blurry though, sorry..I doesnt seem to boother Tobi when i touch it so shes not in painn. SHould i seperate her from her piggy house-mates?
Any help would be very mcuh appreciated..:) Thanks

It could be fungal. You could get some Lotrimin or Monistat and rub a little on with a Q-tip. Be sure to put it on her feet very sparingly and rub it in well -- you don't want her to eat it.

Since she's already been with the others, I'd leave her there for right now and just watch them all carefully. You may wind up having to treat all of them, and yourself, as fungi are very contagious. Clean the cage carefully, and take any wooden items out of it. If the lesions respond to the fungal treatment, then just throw the wooden things away -- it's almost impossible to detox them.

Wow thanks so much for the quick reply! Im in Australia so do know if they are available here? thanks...oh and also i had a bit of fungal thing on my back a couple of years ago and i used a cream called hydrozole. I still have some of that. Do you think that would be okay to use?

Last edited:
It looks like it's the same thing as Lotrimin, so it should be ok.

The active ingredient in the Lotrimin is clotrimazole and the active ingredient in the hyrdrozole cream is clotrimazole so i think they may be similar...What do you guys think??

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.