Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Which side of the fleece should be on the outside of the liner?

emma_pig

Cavy Slave
I can't imagine this hasn't been asked before, but I tried looking through the forums via the search box and couldn't find an answer! So I apologize ahead of time for asking this if an answer is already out there.

I bought anti-pill fleece and just finished cutting all of my pieces for two cage liners and two lap pads. When I started to get ready to sew, I realized I wasn't sure which side of the fleece is supposed to be the outside and which side is the inside.

The only way I can describe it is that one side is a little more "plush" than the other side. I'm assuming that the plush side should go on the outside, and the less plush side should go on the inside of the liner. Is this correct?

Thanks!!

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
I don't think it really matters, but I do use the plush side on the outside. I don't use liners, they are all just separate layers, so when I line the cage, I just choose the side I like best. If you want, maybe keep one side of the liner with the more plush side and the other with the more less plush side, so you have options.

Hope I helped!

Trixie

pinky

Cavy Slave
The edges sometimes have printing on them so you can tell by which side is readable.

emma_pig

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone! I will just use the plush sides as the outside and see how it goes. This is my first one and it's only about $30 total for everything for 2 liners and 2 lap pads, so I won't be terribly upset if I mess it up. Just learn for the next one :)

pinky

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone! I will just use the plush sides as the outside and see how it goes. This is my first one and it's only about $30 total for everything for 2 liners and 2 lap pads, so I won't be terribly upset if I mess it up. Just learn for the next one :)

Either side works fine. I made a set of fleece pads and when I was done, I realized that the sports teams names on it were backwards so I knew I had the fleece with the wrong side out. It worked just as well as all of my other fleece pads so it shouldn't make any difference.

emma_pig

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I'm not concerned about what the piggies think, more concerned that one side wouldn't wick liquid away as well as the other side. Sounds like that is not the case so I'm just going to go with plush side out. thanks!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Test it and see how well it wicks before you decide. Just put it down over an absorbent layer, pour a few drops of water on it, and see if it wicks. Turn it over and do the same thing to other side.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.