Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding When do you know if your pigs are "bonded" ??

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
I see posts about bonded pairs etc. What classifies them as bonded? My girls don't fight.. Every once in a blue moon i hear a little rumble out of one, but nothing I'm concerned with. It seems like an easy question.. Kinda feel stupid asking.. But oh well.. Lol [GuineaPigCages.com] When do you know if your pigs are "bonded" ??

Bump - I would like to know as well :)

Peeweesteph, your cage is awesome!

People get the wrong idea about bonding in guinea pigs. They expect them to cuddle together, sleeping together. However, that's not what they usually do. They like to have companionship, and will often hang out together, but it's rare that they actually lie together.

Scared pigs, though, is another matter. When they are scared they huddle together. Scared babies crawl under their moms, and the habit dies hard.

So basically.. If they don't hurt each other? Still a lil lost..

Yes. When they can be near each other (i.e same cage) and not fight they are bonded.

Quee and Kwee do sometimes cuddle up and sleep in the same pigloo even though we gave them two, though not as often as they used to. When we first introduced them, they would never sleep apart, and we actually considered just returning the second pigloo that we got. lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.