Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance When are introductions done?

feebee199

Cavy Slave
Feebee and Trifles are being introduced right now, but I don't know when to finish! They are just kinda walking around, not doing anything. Feebee nipped her once but that's utmost she's just kinda minding her business...
When do you know if they are done? Truffles isn't showing any sign of dominance.

Are they girls or boys? In my experience, if something was going to go wrong it would have happened by now, but I have girls and it might be different with boys (and other pigs for that matter). All my intros have been pretty uneventful and easy. Make sure you put them in a newly cleaned cage so that it's all neutral. I'd keep half an eye on them just to make sure it continues to go smoothly though. Also, make sure you don't have anything that one could get trapped in (like a pigloo or anything with only one way in or out). Good luck!

If they've been together a couple of hours and nothing much is going on, you're probably good to put them in the cage.

Ditto what bpatters says. Looks like they are going to do fine together.

Okay, they are in the same cage now and are getting along pretty well. Feebee chases Truffles around alot though...

They are trying to figure who is boss. they are ok as long S blood is not drawn.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.