Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding when and how to introduce?

RVcavy

Cavy Slave
our boy is new. just got him a couple days ago. right now he doesnt have a big enouph space for a buddy. but soon he will. how long will it take before we should try to get him a buddy (another boy) and how do i know it will be one he will get along with? and how do you introduce them? realy in the dark here.....

BunnysAndPiggys

Cavy Slave
Let him settle in for a week or so, then put the other boy somewhere where he can SEE him, but not touch him, do that for a few days. Then try putting them together. They may fight in the beginning, so be ready to pick on of them up if a fight breaks loose.

I don't normally introduce males to males, as I have mostly females, so I don't have too much advice, but I'm sure more members are more experienced.

aspecht

Cavy Slave
First of all, congrats and welcome. Secondly, it is very important to quarantine ANY new guinea pig for at least 2 weeks. This means seperate cages, preferrably in a seperate room.

Third, please read this, all of this!
http://www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm

If you still have questions feel free to ask. However, that link should have any and all information you may need regarding introductions! (BTW, pigtures are a must around these parts!)

BunnysAndPiggys

Cavy Slave
Yes, we need pictures... :crazy:
*evil laugh*

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.