Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rumblestrutting Whats Up With Cinn

CinnandMegsMom

Cavy Slave
:eek:hmy: The past few days Cinn has been rumblestrutting around Meg. She will pull food from her mouth and eat it, even if its something Cinn has showed no interest in eating before. She will push Meg from the water so she can drink, will shoo her away from the hay. Other than that they are wonderful together.
I assume Cinn is older since she is a bit bigger. Haven't taken them to my vet yet to determine age. Its better today and more like normal.

Is Cinn experiencing estrus or is she being motherly?

How many water bottles do you have?

I think she's just being the dominant pig. Make sure you feed them treats/food at the same time, have a big enough hay area, and an extra water bottle and pellet dish for the other to go to when they get shoo'ed away.

Oh forgot to say...when I take Meg out of the cage for one on one time Cinn will talk non-stop and Meg tries to get away. I have to take Meg to another room so she dosen't hear Cinn call.

Thank you MissJean.
When I first brought two females home from the pet store Cinn was the smallest. She was being very bullied by the larger one. Anyway took larger one back and came home with a smaller one (Meg). Does that make sense? They have been stuck like glue ever since. Cinn let her dominance known from day one and Meg (sweet heart) is fine with it.
I can't figure out what is up with Cinn all of a sudden. She is queen and Meg knows it. Why she is showing a dominance dance again is beyond my newbie understanding...:eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.