Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Won't Eat Veggies What would cause this??

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
He will NOT eat them. I thought maybe he decided he doesn't wanna go upstairs right now. So I moved it down to the corner outside the ramp. An hour later, not interested. So then I thought, maybe he doesn't wanna come far out of hiding. Then I moved it to outside his Pig-loo. STILL not interested.

His freshies contain:
2 leafs of romaine (hes had romaine daily before with no issues)
1" of a big carrot diced up
and about 8 sticks of clinantro all cut up.

He was upstairs digging in his hay earlier today. I just checked on it to see if he's touched it since I've cleaned it up. He hasn't touched it.

I'm not sure why he isn't interested. These aren't freshies he hasn't aten before. Last week he ate his 1st red, yellow and orange peppers. He ate it all up without an issue.

The only changes:
-Moved to a larger cage
-switched the spots of his pig-loo and hut (kinda a thing for me to see if he really does love his pig-loo more than his hut)
-carrot replaced the celery
-romaine replaced the red leaf (part of a leaf rotation I have)
-And instead of his food being RIGHT OUTSIDE his hidy (like it was in his tiny cage) his food is moved to the upstairs.

TYVM

Idk. It is not normal that is for sure. Is he drinking and eating his hay and pellets, I did not understand if he was/wasn't? Is he pooping, ect..? I would take him in to the vet, that's just me. Even if my girls ate a ton of hay and pellets they always want their veg.

Idk. It is not normal that is for sure. Is he drinking and eating his hay and pellets, I did not understand if he was/wasn't? Is he pooping, ect..? I would take him in to the vet, that's just me. Even if my girls ate a ton of hay and pellets they always want their veg.

Right.
He whistled for it. He was CLEARLY excited for it. Even did his "reminder" 30, 20 and 10 mins before "freshie time".
He saw me bring the bowl over. Ran round the cage, I put it upstairs and it's like he completely lost interest :p

I'll move the rest of his food down stairs and see if he starts munching on em.

Right.
He whistled for it. He was CLEARLY excited for it. Even did his "reminder" 30, 20 and 10 mins before "freshie time".
He saw me bring the bowl over. Ran round the cage, I put it upstairs and it's like he completely lost interest :p

I'll move the rest of his food down stairs and see if he starts munching on em.
Is everything else normal? Eating, drinking, pooping, etc?

Is everything else normal? Eating, drinking, pooping, etc?

Since "freshie time" he hasn't gone upstairs to eat or drink. I still see poo everywhere.

I JUST moved his food downstairs so we'll see if he munches. I also dropped a small bit of hay infront of his pig-loo and he ate it.

ETA: Freshie Time is 5PM EST

When did you move him to the larger cage?

When did you move him to the larger cage?

Monday night
he had been eating/drink normally before today's evening freshies

would impaction cause lose of appetite?
Cause I picked him up to give him a close look over and found he was quite impacted. I think I loosened it all out. He ran/hid as soon as I released him :p
Anything I should be doing in case I found him impacted again? What causes impaction?

UPDATE: He grabbed a veggie and is currently munching on it inside his pig-loo

UPDATE 2: He has now ate all his veggies

Well, I guess he wasn't feeling good with all the gunk up there. Poor boy. I'm glad to hear he's eating again. How does he like his new cage? He might be scared for a while. It's a huge change for him. Just give him time to get used to it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.