Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General What We Go Out Of Our Way To Do For Cavies.....

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
.....in the best kind of intentions!

In light of recent happenings at my Piggy home, I thought that I would post a thread about what we all do for our Piggies that most people wouldn't think of doing for another animal and the like.

So, about 5 minutes ago I walked outside to flap of my girl's Litter Box liners, and I flapped them off, only to DROP ONE on the ground from my porch, which landed in my garden. Going down their and trampling over flowers, I decided to take a shortcut back up over the railing of our porch instead of re-trampling over my garden, and I hoist myself over the rail, one leg at a time, and face plant on the cement. Needless to say, I will be EXTRA careful next time I clean off my girls litter box liners.

I thought it was funny, because when I put their litters back, I said "Do you girls have ANY idea what I went through just now?" expecting a witty response. :D

I love my girls, don't get me wrong, but I do find it funny now and then what I go through to keep them happy and healthy.

:)

Share your stories!

LOL, I'm always told I'm nuts for what I do for any of my animals-and not always in a nice way. In a "crazy cat lady" look-at-you-sideways way. :crazy:

My first piece of kitchen Cuisinart-a stainless steel scale with a big stainless steel bowl that flips over to act like a lid-only because the "Guinea Girls" would fit nicely in the cup for their weigh-in.

Annoyed at my re-conditioned sewing machine while trying to save money and sew my own cage liners, I went out and bought a new sewing machine. :eek:

Now, I know I can use both of these items for other things, but I kept putting off buying them til I got the girls, and then I had no problem spending the money! Meanwhile, they still act like I'm going to chop them up for cat food, LOL

Meanwhile, they still act like I'm going to chop them up for cat food, LOL

LMAO It doesn't matter what I do for my piggies, they still act this way too! lol

I have spent more money on my girls than any other animal, and they are the only ones terrified of me. Go figure...

I have spent more money on my girls than any other animal, and they are the only ones terrified of me. Go figure...

I was just thinking of this today! My dogs and cats at least show appreciation in some form...loving me, sitting in my lap, running to me when I come home....the pigs, terrified of me and unsocial! LOL

The only reason I know my girls actually are THINKING about liking me is because I'm the one changing out their fleece weekly and giving them yummies. Aside from those 2 occasions, they tolerate me at best even though they are spoiled rotten. I swear I've spent/spend more money on them then I do my son!

Haha, that's completely my situation. I only have two other pets besides guinea pigs, a dog and a frog. The frog doesn't really count because he's an african dwarf frog and all I ever have to do for him is feed him twice a week and make sure he's alive everyday. But anyway, off topic. My dog doesn't get much from me, a walk every other day, some treats, food and water, a bath when he's dirty and a little play time. And he wants attention allllll the time. However the pigs, they get fancy salads, floor time, tons of accessories, tons of lap time, treats, and general pampering. And everytime I try to pick them up they squeal bloody murder and run away. Maybe it's too much spoiling...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.