Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What was the best thing you ever bought for your Guinea pigs.

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
Okay so I was just on a thread were someone was asking what the worst thing you ever bought for your piggies was so I decided to ask what the best thing you ever bought was. For me it would have to be my piggy bedspreads they ar amazing and mae my life soooooo much easier I have tried many bedding ideas and none have been as good as my bedspreads!! Although expensive to me they are totally worth it the side walls keep all the poo with in the bedspread which makes daily sweeping sooo much quicker. I can not say enough about these things.lol

Great idea for a flipside thread! I posted my best as well as my worst over there: best is a tie between a T-shaped ferret tunnel that Borat loves and straw tunnels which are a huge hit with both piggies (Mufasa loved his, too, while I had him).

I haven't tried felt or a bedspread yet, other than a couple of times for lining my grid-walled piggy play pens. I do have to put in a good word for Carefresh. I spread it around liberally, with newspaper underneath, and I can easily get the wet, yucky stuff out every day between cleanings.

Good idea! I started the thread about the worst thing :p Id have to say the best thing i bought was my C and C cage, It is so much better than even a "big" store bought cage and moo absolutely loves it. Besides the cage the best product i ever bought was probably Moo's hammock. I just recently got it and it keeps him busy and he loves to lounge in it. I have never heard of a bedspread but i will check it out

One of the best things I've bought are these fleece forests. Fleece Forest Corner Cave for Guinea Pigs w/ by PennyGigDesigns

They are hidey houses that don't really take up space in their cage. They can do laps right through them! Plus with summer coming, it's a well ventilated hiding spot.

I really like fleece items in general. They're so easy to just throw in the wash when I'm doing their bedding.

Until I get the grids for their cage, and their new fleece, then I'd have to say their puzzle piece plastic hidey. It's multi-functional, because they like to hide in it, sleep on it, and I put one of their bowls there too. And the plastic is too thick for them to chew on, and since it disassembles it's super easy to clean.

Ooo, I'm going to have to make one of those for each of the piggies!

One of the best things I've bought are these fleece forests. Fleece Forest Corner Cave for Guinea Pigs w/ by PennyGigDesigns

They are hidey houses that don't really take up space in their cage. They can do laps right through them! Plus with summer coming, it's a well ventilated hiding spot.

I really like fleece items in general. They're so easy to just throw in the wash when I'm doing their bedding.

A bunch of paper bags! :D

Because I make my own bedding this one was really hard. I guess the best thing I even bought my pigs was uhaul pads and their c&c cage. As for bedding I bought one of Jen's Custom Crafts huts, love it, though now I make my Cavy Caves and my pigs love them too, so either one works great I guess.

I have quite a few things that are the best things I've bought. Pigloos for two. My pigs love them. My 1/8 and 1/4 measuring cups for pellets which makes it easy to feed the right amounts. I found a store that runs specials on vinegar for $1.48 to $1.69 per gallon so that inexpensive vinegar is one of my best buys. Cold pressed 100% extra virgin coconut oil. I not only use it for my pigs, I cook with it and we humans use it on our skin, too.

Since bad water bottles were mentioned in the other thread, I figured I'd mention my favorite ones. (broken link removed)

These are not spring loaded, barely leak, the spout is short enough to be cleaned out with a Q-tip, and they can be bought for dirt cheap at Safeway.

I love the new hay rack idea I borrowed from another thread, the large suet holder. It holds a ton of hay and the pigglies DON'T waste it! I would throw away so much hay when I cleaned cages because they would pee and poop in it. Not anymore!! And hay isn't cheap (although Tractor Supply has it on sale right now, $4.99 for the large LM hay)

I also love my piggie hideaways- Hobby Lobby had unfinished wooden boxes for like $7 a few year back. I cut one of the handles out for a doorway and they just love these. Holly likes to sit on them, too....

@MissJean I neeeed some of those fleece forests they are adorable!!!

Another one of my favorite piggie purchases is their lixit water bottles I got one so I could have 2 water bottles before I only had one glass all living things bottleand I know you normally wouldn't need more than one bottle for 2 sows but mine are a little terretorial I guess and they don't fight they just don't like to be in the same kitchen/litter box at the same time so I have 2 of everything 2 litter boxes 2 pellet dishes and two water bottles and each litter box has a pile of hay. So I got it being it was the only bottle this petstore had at the time the petstore I am refering to is wylie wagg for pets the only sell natural and organic pet food and other pet supplies like collars,bowls,beds ect and they don't sell animals yay but they have just recently started selling stuff for small pets so they don't have the biggest selection yet but anyway I just loved the bottle but you have to be cautious cause if you don't have the lid on tight enough it will practicdally drains itself but anyway I loved it so much that I got another one to repalce my glass bottle ( it didn't break or anything I just liked the other ones better ) last night! yay lixit!

A bunch of paper bags! :D

This is TOTALLY what I was going to say... (aside from a cage and fleece liners but those aren't so much fun for the piggies) And the supplies for a fleecy forest! Hopefully my Cavy Cave will be pretty awesome too, I haven't gotten it yet though so I'm not sure.

Cold pressed 100% extra virgin coconut oil. I not only use it for my pigs, I cook with it and we humans use it on our skin, too.

Where do you find that? And what do you use it for when it comes to piggies? I know how to use it as a human but I can't find it...

Where do you find that? And what do you use it for when it comes to piggies? I know how to use it as a human but I can't find it...

Super Supplements( There's a lot of these in WA), Whole Foods, PCC natural food market, or maybe there's a small business health food store around you.

Super Supplements( There's a lot of these in WA), Whole Foods, PCC natural food market, or maybe there's a small business health food store around you.

I found a heath store in Tacoma where I bought wheat grass, I might check there... or see if I can find a Super Supplements near me.

What do you use the Coconut Oil on GPs for? Do you feed it to them? Or just use it on wounds?

I bought it at GNC. I use it on their feet and when I clean their ears I massage some in. I used to use mineral oil until it was recommended on here. I cook with it and use it on my skin, too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.