Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy What veggie makes your cavy go "WHEEK WHEEK"

kirsty91

Cavy Slave
So what veggie is your piggy crazy about? The one veggie that they could eat all day long? Mine loves cilantro and cherry tomatoes!

Cherry tomatoes and parsley. They loves those!

It's not the veggies at my house... it's the sound of the plastic bags, refrigerator door and alarms clocks that set them off.

My pigs went off when I walked in with Jack in the Box tacos last night... Basically any bag gets them going. But, they all love cilantro, except my neutered boar who won't eat cilantro stems. Any wonder why the sows all crowd around him while he eats? :)

In my house, it's just merely walking toward the kitchen. No need for veggies to be involved at all.

If we are talking about the actual act of wheeking, my guinea pigs wheeked when I put up our Christmas tree, they wheek when anyone is chopping anything, they wheek if I walk into the living room when the kids are in bed, they wheek when I feed my dog, they wheek for unknown reasons sometimes too. Mostly they wheek at bags being rattled but they do wheek an awful lot.

Arthur absolutely ADORES his carrots - he'd live off those things if he could! :silly:

All of mine have different favorite foods. I have two that hate carrots. Neither of those two would touch peppers but one will eat them now. Three hate cilantro. I still offer it all but they don't touch it. They all eat the different types of lettuce but red lettuce seems to be their least favorite. They all love radicchio and green leaf lettuce. Some of mine love tomatoes while others make a sour face when they sniff them. Some of mine will eat oranges but not all of them. They all have their own preferences.

Cilantro, parsley, and lettuce! :)

Poppy goes nuts over Tomatoes and Carrots!!!

Cilantro!!! We are out of it right now and when the plates go down they look at the plates and look at me...I know they are thinking, "Forget something?" They also wheek at the fridge door, plastic bags and the newest wheek inducing noise is clanking plates. This makes doing the dishes very loud! They also wheek at anyone that walks up the stairs (they are in the upstairs game room).

A crinkly plastic bag does it for Quincy. It could be his Timothy bag, bedding bag or a veggie bag.

Parsley and blueberries make all 4 wheek. One loves the smell of sweet pickles (of course we don't give it to him). Jumble wheeks at the smell of tuna fish. I don't understand that one.

Well, my new girl loves anything. She will pretty much eat anything I give her unless it's fruit. She's not too big on fruit.
My senior boar that is now over the rainbow bridge loved cilantro but his all time fav was radicchio.

Jumble wheeks at the smell of tuna fish. I don't understand that one.

My senior would get very excited whenever we cooked bacon :confused:

Hay and blueberries for Shelby and I haven't quite found Matisse's sweet spot yet, he tends to wheek out of nowhere lol

Turning on the faucet and chopping sounds (even when I am watching the cooking channel and hear that sound from the T.V.) has my piggies "wheeking".

Hay and blueberries for Shelby and I haven't quite found Matisse's sweet spot yet, he tends to wheek out of nowhere lol

Matisse probably senses that somebody, somewhere, is eating food that he just might be interested in, and so Momma should go and bring him some of it so he can find out.

Matisse probably senses that somebody, somewhere, is eating food that he just might be interested in, and so Momma should go and bring him some of it so he can find out.

LOL I actually have noticed it's when I feed my dogs come to think of it!

Small carrot bits.....and lots-o-lettuce! also when the bag of hay crinkles "wheek wheek WHEEK!!!!" haha my dad yells at me to turn them off...;)

The sound of bags and the sound of the refrigerator door opening has Lily screaming...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.