Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables What veges and fruits are safe to guinea pigs ???

bubbles101

Cavy Slave
hello

Every week i go vege shopping for my guinea pig and every week i choose the same things. I am getting really bored of the veges and fruits i buy them. what else can i give them and how much?? here is a list of what i give them-

*lettuce *cucumber *celary *apple *pear *broccole

Thanks

There's a bookmarked nutrition guide at the top that lists everything.

Edited: Don't feed iceberg lettuce. You didn't specify what kind, but just I case :).

On the diet and nutrition thread, there's a "read me" sticky with what they can and can't be fed, and how often.

There are also a ton of recent threads on here about what to feed guinea pigs. Check the search box at the top and see what you can find.

Of the things you listed, only lettuce should be a staple. Celery can be given a few times a week, broccoli and cucumber are too gassy, and fruits are only occasional treats. Try bell pepper, tomato, endive, red and green leaf lettuce, occasional green beans, cilantro, and dill.

thanks for the help :eek: but um wheres the bookmark???

Go to the Forum page on this site, scroll down to the Diet and Nutrition forum, and click on it. Find the "read me" sticky.

You have to create your own bookmark on your own computer -- nobody can send you one.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.