Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What type of bedding to use?

audz21

Cavy Slave
Advice would be much appreciated on the topic of bedding. I'm just about to change to a C&C cage and wondering what bedding i should line the cage with? i've been told that wood based cat litter and wood shavings are no good.

Needing something that is easily available in the UK. I believe there is a type of horse bedding that is suitable?

x

widallas

Cavy Slave
Use the "search forum" box in the upper right of the screen -- there are so many types of bedding available from pine shavings to fleece to carefresh.... Lots of options, based on level of mainenance you want, aesthetics, price, etc. Good luck!

piggiepigs
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
piggiepigs
piggiepigs

audz21

Cavy Slave
piggiepigs said:
Ive just noticed your from Scotland. My boyfriend comes from scotland. Very beautiful but very cold!!! Made me appriciate English weather!!! xxx

I agree it is quite cold and rains alot! not had much of a summer up here this year! x

audz21

Cavy Slave
Does the megazorb just need cleaned out once or twice a week like other types of bedding? i suppose it depends on the size of the cage and what the guineas are like.....

stitsy&codyPig

Cavy Slave
I think Care Fresh is goo, I have been using it for 2 years now. I only clean it out when I need to (that is like every 7-9 days). I only have one guinea pig though.

piggiepigs

Tucky4ever22

Cavy Slave
I hear Compressed newspaper works quite well. Or you could get unscented wood chips.

Vertigo T Klown

Cavy Slave
how baout pelletized aspen...it looks like yesterdays news or cellsorb but it's made of aspen...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.