Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play What to use for toys?

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
I saw a pinecone in someone's picture. Are these safe? I don't want to get bugs in the cage if they are hiding in the pinecone from being outside. Also, I was wondering if anyone has used PVS piping as play tubes? I know the white ones are safe for fish tanks, so maybe they are Ok for piggies? What other toys can I give my piggies? The store doesn't seem to have much. I have some 3 or 4 inch balls made of some kind of twiggy material, and I found little 1 inch twiggy balls in the bird section that are safe to chew...I don't want my girls to be bored. Thanks

I've never used pinecones, but I think they have to be baked first or something like that. Hopefully someone will chip in about that.

None of my pigs have ever really liked toys. I have little wooden toys and chew things in my cage, but they never get played with. Hay is the best toy, I guess. Cozies and tunnels are a big hit, from my experience. Also, small stuffed toys that don't have any beads or anything that could be eaten.

I'm having a hard time finding tunnels that Daisy would fit through. That's why I was wondering if PVC pipe pieces would be safe. What if she chews them?

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
They have large guinea pig tunnels that are about 8 inches long and made of cardboard type of material at Petsmart for only 3 dollars. They are safe if they decide to munch on them. My piggie loves it, and their is a lot of room so it's not a tight fit. She is a long haired texel so she is definitely large.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
I'm having a hard time finding tunnels that Daisy would fit through.

I use bent grid tunnels with a textbook cover on them. I also make my own fleece cozy tunnels. Cardboard boxes also work well for playtime tunnels and hidey houses.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.