Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior what to do:(

kendalm7

Cavy Slave
what do i do? I got my piggy a new bed to sleep in and he loves beds to sleep in but the next day i find a lot of poop and reak of pee:/ i dont know what to do? he does have a litter box and he does go potty in there to i just want him to enjoy his bed without having it taken away till i can wash it:/:?:

I'd suggest having two beds that you can switch the other out for. For now, go wash that bed. A piggie sitting in urine is no good. :eek:

thankyou & oh hes not! can they get sick from laying in a peed in bed if he does it when im not home and take it out when i get home later?

It depends on if the bed draws the moisture away from him well or not. Just feel the bed with your hand every now and then. Feel for excess moisture.

My girls also pee and poop in their beds. What I do now is adding a pad on it so i just wash that and put another pad. This way you dont have to wash the whole bed every time it gets dirty :) you just need 2 pads. While one is in use, the other is washing

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.