Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet What To Bring?

lovemypigs.

Cavy Slave
I was just wondering what should i bring with me to the vets ?(there only 10 mins away) and also i have one of those "soft" carry cases, im returning it before i go to the vet and getting a hard one .anyways just any advice on what to bring and prepare :) thank you

i just used a portable cat cage and put a towel down to act as the bedding. i also put a small bowl of pellets in it. as far as other things, know what you are feeding them, what bedding, how big you cage is, etc. those are all questions the vet asked me. i also had a long list of questions to ask him to get my money's worth.

I'd just be sure that the vet specializes in exotic small pets and treats guinea pigs regularly . Vets that treat cats and dogs don't always know much about guinea pigs and often prescribe meds that are dangerous for them. Good luck.

I brought carrots for my guys, it kept them both occupied as they got examined.

Good luck with the vet visit. Hope all is well with your piggie. Keep us posted.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.