Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

what to avoid???

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
here is the list of veggies i got from guinealynx. on here, what ingredients should i avoid if there are big amounts of it present in the veggies? i know i should avoid large amounts of calcium, but what else should i avoid, or give sparely?

also, is there anything i should look fro high amounts of?

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Viatamin A.

? What do you mean go ahead? You don't wan the seeds in the fruits and veggies either, except for some you can't avoid, such as cucumber.

Only give sparing amounts of foods with high calcium and oxalic acid content. Just give everything in moderation, and you should be fine. =)

is oxalic acis the same as phosperous? where can i find oxalic acid amounts?

On guinea lynx ...I think.

I holowed out my cucumber just to be safe. It sounded weird if you lightly hit the side of it.

My Baby Mu said:
I holowed out my cucumber just to be safe. It sounded weird if you lightly hit the side of it.
you hollow out your cucumbers because they make weird noises? huh??? did i miss something here?

Lol. No I hollowed them out because of the seeds. I was just taking an extra precausion (I don't think precausion is spelled right). It sounded weird if you lightly hit the side of it when it was hollowed out.

Oh right! Do you really have to take precautions with cucumber seeds?

My Baby Mu said:
Lol. No I hollowed them out because of the seeds. I was just taking an extra precausion (I don't think precausion is spelled right). It sounded weird if you lightly hit the side of it when it was hollowed out.

oh, i get it now! LOL. silly me!

MyBabyMu, you don't need to do that. The seeds are soft and squishy, and won't cause any problems. I can't believe you actually did that. What was left, the outer layer? Sounds odd to me. =)

LOL. guess i wont need to hollow my cumbers!

I wouldn't have the patience. I don't really see the point either. Maybe I'm not understanding.

well, i think she only hollowed out a teeny bit directly in the middle where the seeds are most concentrated - not all the way out towards the skin. LOL

I'd think so, but you never know...

well, yea, you never know....

I was kinda bored. I most of the time cut out the part where the seeds were so the part left on a slice was about 1/4-1/3 of an inch wide. Once I hollowed it out I used it for a salad (for me)...Lol.

Mu doesn't like them anymore. So no more bored time taker uppers lol.

yup, not all the way to the skin.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.