Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C What size ??

FatNfluffy

Cavy Slave
I have 26 36x36 grids , and wondering how i should build my cage to provide maximum space for my pigs( the dimensions for example 2x5). Im asking this because i also dont know if i need 72 cm height on the cage , or 36 cm is enough. The pigs are 5 months old and they are males( i have 2 ).This is a main room , so not including side rooms ( kitchens etc..)
thanks for any help.

It depends how much space you have in your home, Im getting a pack of 26 grids soon too and I plan on making a 3x5 cage, which would be more than enough for two pigs and I'll have grids left over. I think 36 cm is high enough but Im not sure, it depends on how climby your pigs are I guess :)

Most pigs won't get out of a cage that's one grid high, but some do. But if they're really escape artists, they can climb two grids, so that's no help.

I think the best thing to do would be to build a cage that's 36 cm high and put a lid on it. Building it 72 cm. high means it's going to be hard to clean, and the sides won't be terribly sturdy unless you brace them some way.

Do note that wider is better than narrower for boars -- a 3x5 is better than a 2x8, even though it has less square footage.

This can answer your questions I hope. (broken link removed)

thanks for some of the replys guys :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.