Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage what size c&c cage would i need?

guineapigs2468

Cavy Slave
I have 5 female guinea pigs and i am considering getting a c&c cage what size would i need? so i no how many grids and how much cloroplast i need.

Well, for 4 female piggies the smallest recommeneded size suggest is a 2 x 6. You could easily make a 2 x 8 or even larger for your piggies. I know a few people that made a 3 x 6 just to make sure their piggies had enough space. :)

I might make a 2x8 for my 5 piggies is that big enough,or should it be made bigger?

Click on the Home button above. At the top of that page is a chart telling you how much space you need for differing numbers of pigs.

I might make a 2x10 with a ramp to a kitchen area on one side and a ramp to another kitchen area on the other side incase one of them decides they are going to guard the food.

How long have all of your girls been together or are they not all together yet?

that sounds good!! a 2 by 10 with ramp is the right size, with alot of extra room!!! GREAT!!

If I did the math right 10 grids is 11 and a half feet that will be a huge cage. I'm sure your girls will love it.

If you can put it on the floor, a 3 wide cage might be better so they can run better. The long and skinny 2 grid wide makes it harder to organize all those hideys and such.
I'm quite jealous you have 5 pigs living together, my two barely get along. haha. Good luck :)

Yh I'm lucky my 5 live together my bossyDominant pig does sometimes get angry with my other pigs but there isn't really any fighting maybe a warning when one of my pigs annoys one of my other pigs. I might be able to make the width to a 3. Thanks for all the replies.

if you are going to make a second floor...mine like it...it's the one grid wide and the length of the cage with extentions on each end.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.