Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What should I do?

angie901

Cavy Slave
Hey everybody. So our family might be moving and I think I have to sell a guinea pig! My dad says, "Would you rather have them in a smaller cage? That wouldn't be very comfortable would it?" So we are trying to keep our house. But I don't know what to do about this situation! Please help!

Don't panic. It might work out that you will be able to stay in your home.
What size cage are they in now?
How many pigs?
How much smaller would the cage be?

With a little organization and some creative thinking you would be surprised with how much you can fit into a small space. I wouldn't panic until you know where you are going to be living. It sounds like your family is going through a tough time. Sometimes when people have very large problems they nit pick at smaller problems that may not have a solution yet. Just take a breath. For right now you have the space for them, when you know for a fact where you are going to be living you and your parents can think about the cage size and location then. Even with a smaller space it is amazing what you can fit into when it is well organized and thought out.

Don't panic. It might work out that you will be able to stay in your home.
What size cage are they in now?
How many pigs?
How much smaller would the cage be?

They have a 2x5 c&c cage.
I have two girls. And I just got them but we didn't know we were going to just move!
Probably 2x3 or 2x4. I don't know exactly.

With a little organization and some creative thinking you would be surprised with how much you can fit into a small space. I wouldn't panic until you know where you are going to be living. It sounds like your family is going through a tough time. Sometimes when people have very large problems they nit pick at smaller problems that may not have a solution yet. Just take a breath. For right now you have the space for them, when you know for a fact where you are going to be living you and your parents can think about the cage size and location then. Even with a smaller space it is amazing what you can fit into when it is well organized and thought out.

Okay thank you.

A 2 x 4 would be more than enough space for them-minimum is 7.5 sq ft., and if you put a loft on, then the girls can scamper up and down. Hang in there. If you do move, people here have great organizing ideas, so maybe you could fit the 2 x 5 cage.

A 2 x 4 would be more than enough space for them-minimum is 7.5 sq ft., and if you put a loft on, then the girls can scamper up and down. Hang in there. If you do move, people here have great organizing ideas, so maybe you could fit the 2 x 5 cage.

Thank you! But if we do end up moving, I don't know about keeping the 2x5 cage. I could put a bunch of lofts but they have never had lofts before and that would be a lot of climbing just to get to were they want to go or be. Thank you.

We are staying in our house!

That is good. I'm glad you can stay in your house!

That is good. I'm glad you can stay in your house!

Yes! Thank you! We did have to get our aunt to move in with us. But she loved the idea of having guinea pigs around. See my aunt is rich and she loves us very much and she decided to move in with us! And when she was little she took care of animals!

It sounds like it'll be wonderful having your aunt live with you. I'm happy it worked out for you and your family... AND your guinea pig....

Congrats!!!! Im glad everything has worked out for your family and your piggies.

Thank you everyone! I'm so glad it could work out. But sadly, I might have to give my guinea pigs up after all. I'm writing a Thread about it. I'll post the link to it, once I'm finished, on here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.