Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What kind ?

kananaka

Cavy Slave
So I was wondering what kind of hideys or pigloos you have used for your piggies? Where did you get them? I currently have just 1 extra large pigloo in our cage but am looking for different ideas and want to know what you folks think is best. :)

I hate pigloos because of the lack of ventilation and because pigs can get trapped in them. I have step stools, fiddlesticks, plastic bowls with holes cut in both sides, and cardboard boxes with the bottoms cut out.

i have boxes fleece forests and tunnels from the carpet store.

how many pigs do you have? the advice posted here has been to have MORE hideys than you have pigs. my guys love hiding under and on top of bunk beds. they love their cuddle sacks and fleece forests. i don't like the look of any of the pet store hideys, and i like to give them plenty of running room. so many of those hideys take up so much space!

Is it OK that I am using Hidey Huts with a top, 2 windows, and 2 large entrances/exits? Is this good enough for ventilation?

Your hideys are fine for ventilation, Zuidy.

My pigs love, love, love fleece forests. They each have their own. I call it their "bedrooms". lol
They also love bent grid tunnels, fleece tunnels, and cuddle cups.

what is a fleece forrest??

look in the photos section. theyre cut up strips of fleece hangin from the top of a gird.

how many pigs do you have? the advice posted here has been to have MORE hideys than you have pigs. my guys love hiding under and on top of bunk beds. they love their cuddle sacks and fleece forests. i don't like the look of any of the pet store hideys, and i like to give them plenty of running room. so many of those hideys take up so much space!

I have 2 pigs, and am getting a C&C cage this week, 13 square feet, and am planning on adding more hideys, hence my question :). I got the extra large pigloo because they really like cuddling together and it gives them ample room to do so or be on opposite sides with a little space between them. I do have 2 fiddle sticks (just did not want to added them till the new cage comes). Thanks for the ideas, I think once it comes we will play around with different ones and see what they like best.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.